Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Sure hope it is a rumor, but i believe most manufacturing business are tightening their belts right now.

https://sgbonline.com/bass-pros-debt-ratings-outlook-lowered-to-negative/
    Yeah, lots of rumors around BPS lately.

2. Member
    I agree, I will never speak of this again!
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    If you're trying to figure out or understand JM, you're wasting your time, don't even go there. Quit spreading the rumors...............

3. Banned
    Who knows who will make it through this. Even after it's done it's going to be tough to get things going again.

4. Member
    What happened to the new model that was supposed to be unveiled at the classic? Seems like crickets now....

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    The only thing to me that is alarming is Brandon card and gerald Swindle left Triton. I guess like anyone else they are gona go where the money is or what ever. Now, if Shaw Grigsby and jacob Wheeler leave then there is probably something brewing behind the scenes.
    Brandon Card ran Suzuki, Triton does not offer that motor. Gerald is Gerald and wanted to go back to BASS.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bks167 View Post
    What happened to the new model that was supposed to be unveiled at the classic? Seems like crickets now....
    That boat is going through certification, they build three for testing, endurance, NMMA, and bill of materials.

Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    Brandon Card ran Suzuki, Triton does not offer that motor. Gerald is Gerald and wanted to go back to BASS.
    Are Tritons only coming w mercs now

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

9. Member
    Not sure Gerald had to switch boats to go back to BASS. At the time he went back Triton was a BASS sponsor. Looks like they put Ranger in, and took Triton out as a BASS sponsor.

10. Member
    They just let over a third of the Triton staff go and it wasn’t a “lay-off” it was reapply some day if you see any openings. And WRMG as a whole has been cutting staff like a hot knife through butter since the beginning of the year, way before the Corona scare.

That's ashame. I bet a lot of talent got let go. I was reading that Ranger let 500 people go also. Man, that's tough. I guess the boat building business is a risky one to be in. Im sure when its "good" its great but in times like these its bad.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbless View Post
    They just let over a third of the Triton staff go and it wasn’t a “lay-off” it was reapply some day if you see any openings. And WRMG as a whole has been cutting staff like a hot knife through butter since the beginning of the year, way before the Corona scare.
    Yes

13. Banned
    Triton is the odd man in JM's boat lineup. Really, he doesn't need it. Tracker for tin boats, Nitro for cheaper glass boats and Ranger as the premium brand.

Him building a new plant really means nothing. They can use that production space for anything by moving molds from one plant to there.

Do I think Triton will get nixed this year? That depends on the economy. Do I think Triton will get nixed eventually? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Triton is the odd man in JM's boat lineup. Really, he doesn't need it. Tracker for tin boats, Nitro for cheaper glass boats and Ranger as the premium brand.

Him building a new plant really means nothing. They can use that production space for anything by moving molds from one plant to there.

Do I think Triton will get nixed this year? That depends on the economy. Do I think Triton will get nixed eventually? Yes.
    This was my thought on JM also when I said don't try to second guess the man. Riccochet hit it on the head with just the economy. This virus has just started & I don't think people have a glue of how dangerous this is & how long it will last. This thing is going to put a lot of companies & a lot of people out of work. And yes, I think JM will eventually get rid of Triton, maybe not this year but later down the road. This isn't a rumor, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    That's ashame. I bet a lot of talent got let go. I was reading that Ranger let 500 people go also. Man, that's tough. I guess the boat building business is a risky one to be in. Im sure when its "good" its great but in times like these its bad.
    This shut down of the country from this virus is gonna put the hurt on alot of things unfortunately.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

16. Member
    They just cut the supervisors this morning, that’s the latest word circulating.

17. Member
    Triton rumor of the month club..... It's a popular membership.

18. Banned
    I dunno if Triton will be dropped or not but I do know all boat companies are going to hurt from this. I would bet there's a lot of layoffs coming from any brand.

Who will be left in the end is tough to call. I think a lot depends on how this all ends and how soon people can go back to work.

Wish the best for everyone in this tough time.

19. Member
    Triton did lay off their supervisors this morning. That is true. I assume it is due to Covid-19.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB123 View Post
    Triton did lay off their supervisors this morning. That is true. I assume it is due to Covid-19.
    This has to be happening to other brands also. Why are we only hearing about Triton?

We all know owning a 70k boat comes last in times like these. Business won't be the same for a while. I can't see other brands keeping their employees going full steam ahead.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast