Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I've been around this business for a long time, and if you think for a minute that a Pro leaves a boat company for any reason other than more money, you need to quite smokin that green weed. I'm not going to call them whores of the industry, but they have a business to run and THAT'S the bottom line. Pro's running your product are a necessary evil and cause a company to make decisions based on their value. It is very hard to tie boat sales to pro staffs. There is not a lot of hard data, believe me.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Normally I am in the “It is BS” crowd but with these trying times and Johnny’s penchant to shut companies down, you just do not know.

I sincerely hope not.
    Can't beat em, buy em, close em.
    Please release me,let me go.

3. Member
    I don't think it's "necessary" to pay a pro to run a certain boat. I mean, they have to have a boat to fish. The manufacture passes that cost on to us.

4. Banned
    Most pro's buy their boats. Though at a pretty good discount if they're sponsored. I'm going to say they get their boats for roughly what they can sell it for as a 1 year old used boat. So they have that initial investment, then maybe a couple grand every year for a new one.

Probably only the top 10-20% get free boats. You know KVD isn't spending a dime on his Nitro's.

5. Member
    Well said, had a conference call Tuesday with the current state of affairs with the pandemic and marine industry. There have been over 65 closures of marine manufacturers that either make parts, boats, trailers, etc.

6. Member
    By "closures" do you mean doors shut for good or just until this mess is over? 65 companies adds up to a lot of folks out of work regardless. Thoughts and prayer to all affected by this.
    2005 Triton TR-196
    1990 ProCraft ProCaster 180

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    Well said, had a conference call Tuesday with the current state of affairs with the pandemic and marine industry. There have been over 65 closures of marine manufacturers that either make parts, boats, trailers, etc.
    temporary shut downs or out of business closures?

I would venture to say temporarily as alot of other things that have had to shut down. Hope everything works out for them thats hard to deal with being out of work.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    temporary shut downs or out of business closures?
    Some of both, mostly temporary shut downs.

10. Member
    I would have said "No way" before the Covid-19 thing hit us, but that may change the dynamic for a lot of brands. Bass Pro/Cabelas/White River Marine are undoubtedly taking a real financial beating right now, and they may have to make some hard decisions on many things. Personally, I don't think that moving their hulls over to the Nitro line would be successful as I think most people regard Triton as a much better boat than a Nitro. I'm not bashing Nitro but that's what most people think.

11. Member
    Triton > Nitro.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Triton > Nitro.
    You think JM would drop Nitro? I don't see that happening.

13. Member
    They don’t have to drop anything, they may furlough everybody and stop building boats for a while, but they don’t have to drop anything.

14. Member
    If you like what Triton used to be you may want to take a look at Caymas. Earl Bentz recently launched a new boat brand Caymas.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton Ter View Post
    If you like what Triton used to be you may want to take a look at Caymas. Earl Bentz recently launched a new boat brand Caymas.
    Some made that switch a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    They don’t have to drop anything, they may furlough everybody and stop building boats for a while, but they don’t have to drop anything.
    Logic like this isnt acceptable for the Bulls**t seekers.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by CaymasMan250 View Post
    Some made that switch a while back.
    And yet still stir crap over here.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton_ProXS View Post
    yup.... I think it’s Piss Envy, you know the old saying, always hurt the the one you love...or can’t have! I’m glad I have a Triton, I love everything about my boat, and I get compliments everywhere I go and I could care less what all the naysayers say. I think there’s something wrong with somebody that has to bash another brand, if it makes them feel better I think we should just let them make themselves feel better, and I feel a bit sorry for them at the same time. At some point, people should just shut up and fish, providing they even own a boat.

19. Member
    I'd bet there are more tritons at boat ramps in East Tennessee than any other brand, this isn't a slap at other brands just that Tritons are popular here. I think they are one of the sharpest boats on the market, but that's just my opinion and other people have different taste and opinions. I would never disparage another persons boat, I'm just not! So buy the boat you like, catch some fish, go enjoy you life! Hey it's Easter morning "He is risen indeed"

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton_ProXS View Post
    Where have I stirred anything on here? I have been a regular in this forum for years, got a new Triton team boat every year for nine years and defended them thoough thick and thin. FYI I’m still a Triton owner as well so you may want to rethink your comment.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast