Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Assuming this works, does one lose the on screen settings adjustments?
    When going back your LVS & Chartplotter will have the old software. Then disconnect the LVS and update chartplotter to latest software...

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    When going back your LVS & Chartplotter will have the old software. Then disconnect the LVS and update chartplotter to latest software...
    Thanks!

3. Member
    Can anyone confirm what software version a 10 or 12" Ultra unit will be rolled back to when using the echoMAPwithSDCard_201910300.exe file? I am also assuming that this update file will take the GLS10 back to 2.20 based on the contents of this thread, but can anyone confirm?

4. Member
    You would think with all the pissed off customers here on this board that Garmin would just make the roll back software available. I think if you bought a unit they should be willing to accommodate those that have systems that can accept the roll back. Now if they changed their newer units so the older software version that everybody loved wont function properly thats one thing. But I doubt if that is the issue.
    Last edited by Tromanoski; 10-19-2020 at 05:22 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    Going to try this soon. Does it matter that both versions are on the same card? Will i be able to pick the one I want and be able to tell which is which?

6. Member
    You need to go back and read the instructions for how to normally install software. An sd card properly set up can only have one version on it. You may be able to put several versions of the downloads on one card but none of them will install from that.
    https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?pa...1&tab=software
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    Leonard,

I did the rollback to 17.10 and 2.20. I have looked at the updates for the for my 1222 and I don't see any benefits for a Livescope dedicated unit. Just wondering if you agree

8. Member
    I'm running the latest version and like it. When I did a side by side comparison between 2.20 and 2.41 I saw no benefit to running v2.20. Actually thought 2.41 had a slight edge. Others insist v2.20 is better. Run whichever you prefer. I'm not doing it for the Perspective mode. For my fishing from now until near spring Perspective will not help me.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    I was actually talking about updating the 1222 without updating the Box. I had 2.41 and want no part of it again. Maybe it's just the new transducer, but not taking a chance.

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I'm running the latest version and like it. When I did a side by side comparison between 2.20 and 2.41 I saw no benefit to running v2.20. Actually thought 2.41 had a slight edge. Others insist v2.20 is better. Run whichever you prefer. I'm not doing it for the Perspective mode. For my fishing from now until near spring Perspective will not help me.
    does your 2.41 look like this?

11. Banned
    [QUOTE = TOUCH OF CLASS; 11442980] ваш 2.41 выглядит так?
    [/ QUOTE]

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    does your 2.41 look like this?
    No! But it's because I'm fishing for bass 40 - 60 ft deep mostly. Some a little deeper. But I have no doubt that if I had that many crappie within 20 ft in 30+FOW, it would.

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    No! But it's because I'm fishing for bass 40 - 60 ft deep mostly. Some a little deeper. But I have no doubt that if I had that many crappie within 20 ft in 30+FOW, it would.
    On your video it still has that grain problem which there’s no way to see a jig in that snow .My other box 2.41!is the exact same way and the 2.20 version on my other box is clear .Its almost like they have one eye to hot .

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

on this video I did you can see how clear we are all the way to 45 -50 feet you can even see fish and than you will see me catch a fish.This is 220 it’s the way we were in the beginning no snow and very little grain control but the pic always looks clear

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    So with all this we have been emailing garmin actually we are on the 4 th person after 3 weeks and o results on return of live scope .With that said 20.10 is coming in November per garmin to fix all the problems.That is from garmin.

16. Member
    Then I may just wait instead of going back. I really have very few complaints.

17. Banned
    Today........2.41 version.....forvard-45 foot....perspective-100 foot.

18. Member
    So with all this we have been emailing garmin actually we are on the 4 th person after 3 weeks and o results on return of live scope .With that said 20.10 is coming in November per garmin to fix all the problems.That is from garmin.
    I sure hope this is correct!

19. Member
    I sure hope this is correct!

20. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Here’s a question is 241 better on the 8600 series than the lower end model?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast