Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    Will these older updates you have work with the 1042xsv
    Yes indeed. The 1042xsv is part of the GPSMAP series of units. I also just looked it up on Garmin's website, the 1042xsv is listed in the updates I mentioned.

2. Member
    Could you send me the 2.2 update you have for the Garmin GPSMAP 1242xsv Touch, Garmin Panoptix LiveScope System?
    Thanks,

Stan Stone
    Lexington, NC (High Rock Lake)

https://youtube.com/c/StanStoneFishing

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StanS View Post
    Could you send me the 2.2 update you have for the Garmin GPSMAP 1242xsv Touch, Garmin Panoptix LiveScope System?
    PM Sent.

4. Member
    Thanks Hooked247, I’m going to update tomorrow morning and see if that makes my Livescope usable again.
    Thanks,

Stan Stone
    Lexington, NC (High Rock Lake)

https://youtube.com/c/StanStoneFishing

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StanS View Post
    Thanks Hooked247, I’m going to update tomorrow morning and see if that makes my Livescope usable again.
    No problem, glad to help. Let us know how it goes. Forgot to mention, there seems to be mixed responses on recalibrating once you roll back the software. Some say it does nothing, some say once they rolled back there was little to no difference until they recalibrated. Also any time I update any unit, I always restore factory defaults out of habit.
    Last edited by Hooked247; 04-05-2020 at 08:17 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ike12 View Post
    how do i tell which version my GLS10 is running? if I go to "my marine devices" it shows chartplotter 92sv v9.20 and panoptix live scope but nothing about the version? the update for livescope shows gls10 v2.33(v)

Thanks
    If you found what version software is on your unit, your in the correct place, it should be listed below it. Make sure your software information does't carry over to a second page, you'll need to scroll through it. On my GPSMAP 1242xsv that I use specifically for my Livescope, when I look up the software version / information, it lists the unit software version first, then the GLS10. Also make sure the GLS10 box is turned on and connected to the unit.
    Last edited by Hooked247; 04-05-2020 at 08:18 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked247 View Post
    No problem, glad to help. Let us know how it goes. Forgot to mention, there seems to be mixed responses on recalibrating once you roll back the software. Some say it does nothing, some say once they rolled back there was little to no difference until they recalibrated. Also any time I update any unit, I always restore factory defaults out of habit.
    By recalibrate , do you mean do a factory reset?
    Thanks

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brettw View Post
    By recalibrate , do you mean do a factory reset?
    Thanks
    No sir, recalibrate the LVS32. Side note, any time I update a unit, I always restore to factory defaults as well.

Here's the calibration instructions out of the Livescope manual:

Calibrating the Compass
    Before you can calibrate the compass, the transducer must be installed on the shaft far enough away from the trolling motor to avoid magnetic interference, and deployed in the water. Calibration must be of sufficient quality to enable the internal compass.
    NOTE: To use the compass, you must mount the transducer on the transom or the trolling motor shaft. The compass may not work when you mount the transducer on the motor.
    NOTE: For best results, you should use a heading sensor such as the SteadyCast™ heading sensor. The heading sensor shows the direction the transducer is pointing relative to the boat.
    You can begin turning your boat before calibrating, but you must fully rotate your boat 1.5 times during calibration.
    From an applicable sonar view, select MENU > Sonar Setup > Installation.
    If necessary, select Use AHRS to turn on the AHRS sensor.
    Select Calibrate Compass.
    Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Last edited by Hooked247; 04-05-2020 at 08:59 AM.

9. Member
    Thanks
    I already did it. But i thought it just effected the GPS sensor. Little
    boat icon , upper right on the screen.
    Does it do more than that?

10. Member
    I have three Ultras all networked.
    I am going to roll back my ultra that is used for livescope to the 2.20 version. I have two other Ultras used for side imaging and maps.
    Going to keep these two running the newest software with the improved side imaging.
    All I am going to do is Restore Sonar Defaults from the livescope page on the Livescope Ultra, after I roll it back to 2.20.
    Going to disconnect all network and NMEA cables when doing the forced update (except the network cable going to the GLS10).

This is out of the Echomap Ultra Instruction manual.

Restore Sonar Defaults: Restores the sonar settings to the factory defaults.

Reset Default Settings: Restores the default configuration settings of unit. Does not remove waypoints maps or software

Delete Data and Reset Settings: I think this is aka a factory reset. Wipes unit clean and restores factory default settings.
    Does not affect maps or software.
    Last edited by DR. DROP; 04-05-2020 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Addition al Step

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DR. DROP View Post
    I am going to roll back my ultra that is used for livescope to the 2.20 version. I have two other Ultras used for side imaging and maps.
    Going to keep these two running the newest software with the improved side imaging.
    All I am going to do is Restore Sonar Defaults from the livescope page on the Livescope Ultra, after I roll it back to 2.20.
    Going to disconnect all network and NMEA cables when doing the forced update.

Reset Default Settings: Restores the default configuration settings of unit. Does not remove waypoints maps or software

Delete Data and Reset Settings: I think this is aka a factory reset. Wipes unit clean and restores factory default settings.
    I'm interested to see how that goes. I've never updated one unit of the same kind without doing the others. Everything else seems straight forward. Please post your results.

Going to disconnect all network and NMEA cables when doing the forced update.

I will need to do the same thing you are doing so please post results..I hate to lose the Network advantage but I too want to keep my console unit with latest Software..

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

13. Member
    Edited my post. Have to leave network cable connected to GLS10 so it will update.

14. Member
    What an absolute screw up by Garmin

Edited my post. Have to leave network cable connected to GLS10 so it will update.
    Yes, but disconnect the Network cable set to set. Correct ????

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    Yes, but disconnect the Network cable set to set. Correct ????
    I would disconnect the network cable from the units you DON'T want to roll back. Once the Forced Update updates your unit, it goes to the network to look for other devices. That is how it finds the Back Box. Those other units will show up and get rolled back also if they are connected to the network.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aero320 View Post
    I would disconnect the network cable from the units you DON'T want to roll back. Once the Forced Update updates your unit, it goes to the network to look for other devices. That is how it finds the Back Box. Those other units will show up and get rolled back also if they are connected to the network.
    Correct. I am going to just remove my units from the bail mount instead of disconnecting cables.

18. Member
    schinkr1 I also have a echomap plus 93sv. In order to do the forced update do you hold the #4 key while powering up or after it is powered up? Thanks for the input by the way. Bob

19. Member
    Does someone have v.17.10 for the 1022xsv they could email me please? Jlhagins@att.net

Thanks, John

Still cant get my 93SV+ to load the files with the forced update :(

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast