bright neon braid?

I use 50 lbs power pro moss green & have caught thousands of bass w/ it flipping.

But on rainy, cloudy, windy days, it is hard to see the line and miss alot of fish.

I was thinking of using the neon green braid, anyone use it?, is it OK to tie it directly to the bait?

what brand?

thx

2. Member
    I use orange Sufix 832 and yellow Sunline SX1, usually with a leader if I'm dragging around rock.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

3. Member
    I use high viability braid on my spinning reels so I can watch the line. When I flip, I use 20lb flouro and punch and throw topwater with 65lb braid. I always take a sharpie to the first 4-5' of the braid so I guess you can go neon as long as you color a few feet.
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tap_tap_boom View Post
    I always take a sharpie to the first 4-5' of the braid so I guess you can go neon as long as you color a few feet.
    This is what I do.

5. Member
    I'm gonna be good

6. Member
    I've been using mostly bright colored braids for the last couple seasons here in Wisconsin. I used to use dark green, but switched over to bright stuff so I could see my line better, which is especially helpful if you're throwing a weightless stickbait like a senko. The verdict? There are pros and cons. When I first started using bright braid, I was pretty faithful in using a leader, but as I got lazy or in a hurry on the water, I opted to tie the line directly to the hook unless in especially clear water. I still got bites, but perhaps a few fewer than if I been using a darker colored braid. I've been using Sufix 832 since it came out and have not gone back to Power Pro. It's smoother, smaller, and just better.

I just order a spool of camo 832. I've yet to use it, but it has brighter (like a tanish color) colored streaks every few feet. My thought was that I would be able to see the brighter colored braid while still having the darker colored stuff to allow for increased bites when I don't opt to use a leader. If you're fishing really dark colored water, I wouldn't worry about the line color and get the brighter stuff. If you fish various clarities of water, you may want to opt for the darker green stuff.

I will second what others have said in taking a sharpie to darken the first few feet of line. I think this helps, but it will fade after some time and you'll need to mark it up again, which is not so effective when the line is wet.

btw, if you're into leaders, the Albert Knot is the best I have found when tied correctly.

7. Member
    Just looking at braided lines after trying some out for the first time in my life.
    What was I waiting for? Bright yellow is a dream to see and disappears in stained water.
    I have seen where one brand has the alternating Moss Green/Yellow or Green alternating every 5 feet.
    That way you will have a low vis 5 foot piece at the bait.
    Slick stuff. I will be giving a lot of these a try.