xpress x-21 pro OWNERS. little help.

Just curious, I'm starting to study and research a on the x-21. Owner of these series boat, how many rods can be stored in the PORT side of the compartment, in a sensible manner. I store only 12 rods, ( 6 spin, 6 level) I don't want to spend 15 minutes on rod storage Rubiks cube puzzle to stuff rods in a frustrating step. I own a RT188, in about a year moving to sell the boat, move over to a wider longer boat. Xpress 21 is checking off a lot of my must have boat needs.

2. Member
    A LOT... I have a 2019 X21 I keep about 15 rods could do 15 more with no problem.I did take out the tubes to slide the rods in just use rod socks makes it nice.
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
    A LOT... I have a 2019 X21 I keep about 15 rods could do 15 more with no problem.I did take out the tubes to slide the rods in just use rod socks makes it nice.
    thanks for the info, what did you use to replace the tubes with?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey1173 View Post
    thanks for the info, what did you use to replace the tubes with?

Quote Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
    A LOT... I have a 2019 X21 I keep about 15 rods could do 15 more with no problem. I did take out the tubes to slide the rods in just use rod socks makes it nice.

rod socks...…….like he said.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    So I have an X19 and assume an X21 would be a little larger. I just got back from a trip to Fla. to fish. I read your question and then went and unloaded my rod box. I had 22 rods (with rod sox and bait wraps) in it--with room for 10-12 more easily. Rods 7' to 7'10" in length. Maybe had one or twelve more than I needed for the trip, but hate to have regrets.
    2018 X19 Pro
    2018 Mercury 150 ProXS
    10" Hydraulic Atlas
    Helix 9 SI
    Helix 7
    Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

6. Member
    I have an x19 and can fit a ton of rods in the port locker AFTER taking the rod tubes out. I was excited to have a boat with rod tubes but I found them to be worthless unless you’re still throwing 5’6” pistol grips. Like mentioned above, use rod socks and you can put your 12 rods in there, be able to get to each pretty easily, and also store your lights, paddle, etc.

7. Member
    Yes, the rod tubes are useless if you want to carry more than 10 rods (4 underneath). Anybody wants mine, I'll sell them!!!! I keep my paddle, net, lights and all tackle in the center box. Built a wood frame so everything wouldn't slide around. It really has a ton of storage for a 19' boat.
    2018 X19 Pro
    2018 Mercury 150 ProXS
    10" Hydraulic Atlas
    Helix 9 SI
    Helix 7
    Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

8. Member
    Yeah I took my rod tubes out as well, 2018 x21. I also use the Center storage for my rods, with socks so I don't have to move rods out of the way to access PORT compartment. I currently have 20 rods in there with room for more than twice as many, With Socks of course.I just put jackets, net, bumpers, etc in Port compartment.

Large golf tubes and some hard plastic you can store many.
    Push the tubes way up forwards front works well.I had pictures
    A few years ago.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs