Thread: C'mon MD.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

C'mon MD.....

Department of Natural Resources Issues Guidance on Governor Hogan’s Stay at Home Order
    March 30, 2020
    Governor Larry Hogan has issued an executive order on March 30, 2020, which institutes a Stay at Home directive and says that no Maryland resident should be leaving their home unless it is for an essential job or reason, such as obtaining food or medicine, seeking urgent medical attention, or for other necessary purposes.

While the order does allow for outdoor exercise recreation, the Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is reaffirming the need for members of the public who engage in outdoor recreation to follow all rules and guidelines in place to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Governor Hogan has stressed that safely practiced outdoor recreation time is essential to health and well-being. Most Maryland state parks and other public lands remain open, and residents may engage in safe, isolated activities.

Under the executive order, no Marylander should leave their home except for an essential reason. Therefore, recreational boating is not allowed. Limited hunting and limited recreational fishing and crabbing can continue to provide sustenance, however social distancing must be adhered to strictly. No permits for fishing tournaments, including virtual tournaments, will be issued by the department until further notice. Commercial fishing is deemed essential and may continue since it is part of the food supply chain.

Anyone engaging in outdoor activity needs to follow social distancing and other CDC guidelines and state regulations. The department website includes a guide to social distancing and safe outdoor activity.

2. Scraps
    I get it, he has to say it cuzz there are some dummies still out there thinking that this isn't that bad. I'm hoping to get out before we have that order here in PA. I think a lot of these Govs come out with these strong positions after seeing some of the dummies out throwing parties and gathering in public parks. Can't blame them, he's responsible for the public's well being. It's all his watch.

There sort of is a convenient interpretation, or conflict, on the order. Fishing is an outdoor, recreational activity.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    I agree 100%. However, does this mean I cannot take my daughter fishing? I have not seen many boats being towed around. There is not a travel ban. Interesting times for sure.

4. Scraps
    I know guys were on the bay on Monday.
    2017 Phoenix 819

5. Member
    From reading what you posted, it sounds like limited recreational fishing "to provide sustenance" is allowed.

I am not a lawyer or lawmaker.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

Message from Maryland DNR, Noon 3/31/20 :

Dear Tournament Director,
    Per the stay-at-home order issued by our Governor and guidance from the Department of Natural Resources, Fishing and Boating Services must revoke all permits issued through April 30th, 2020. Directors should not host any type of black bass tournament through April 30th. The department will not issue any additional permits for directors until we are authorized to do so. As soon as the order is lifted, I will contact you again and work quickly to reissue permits.
    If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly by email.
    Take care and stay healthy, Joe.
    ��
    Joseph Love, Ph.D.
    Program Manager
    Freshwater Fisheries Program
    Department of Natural Resources
    580 Taylor Ave., D-4
    Annapolis, Maryland 21401
    joseph.love@maryland.gov
    (410) 260-8257 (O)

7. Member
    Let me know if anyone goes out and what the experience is like as far as enforcement. Boating/fishing with family is the ultimate in social distancing.

Fished last week about 10 boats in the lot total both in and out of the ramp was the only one there. Just fun fish no tournament

9. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by BASSCAT7 View Post
    Message from Maryland DNR, Noon 3/31/20 :

Dear Tournament Director,
    Per the stay-at-home order issued by our Governor and guidance from the Department of Natural Resources, Fishing and Boating Services must revoke all permits issued through April 30th, 2020. Directors should not host any type of black bass tournament through April 30th. The department will not issue any additional permits for directors until we are authorized to do so. As soon as the order is lifted, I will contact you again and work quickly to reissue permits.
    If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly by email.
    Take care and stay healthy, Joe.
    ��
    Joseph Love, Ph.D.
    Program Manager
    Freshwater Fisheries Program
    Department of Natural Resources
    580 Taylor Ave., D-4
    Annapolis, Maryland 21401
    joseph.love@maryland.gov
    (410) 260-8257 (O)
    Could do a MiLF tournament, I mean MLF. Guess this would be a violation too, number of people in a group.
    Last edited by krindgen; 03-31-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    2017 Phoenix 819

10. Member
    There is an update on the MD site: https://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2020/0...3LqMIZEJRypmzQ

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Could do a MiLF tournament, I mean MLF. Guess this would be a violation too, number of people in a group.
    Kurt, that was covered under the initial no permit order under " virtual tournaments ".

12. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by BASSCAT7 View Post
    Kurt, that was covered under the initial no permit order under " virtual tournaments ".
    Ah, I see, saw.
    2017 Phoenix 819

Quote Originally Posted by drafto View Post
    Thank you,
    I emailed the link to myself and will have it ready via cell phone when I get pulled over pulling my boat, headed to the river for fish food.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

14. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Heading out to catch some Snakehead to eat!! Love 'em ! Yum yum!!! its just all the other darn fish that hit trying to catch Snakehead that drive ya nutz!
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

15. Member
    Let us know how DNR presence is, I heard they were out stopping people yesterday on the water. Could have been a facebook rumor! Good luck! Dan

16. Member
    What don't you all understand? Stay at home! If everyone does there part the sooner we all get back to normal.

17. Member
    I fully understand. But making a 30 minute drive by myself, launching by myself, fishing by myself and making the trip home by myself doesn't make me feel like I am NOT doing my part.

18. Member
    Dan, no you don't, from your own post! Under the executive order, no Marylander should leave their home except for an essential reason. Therefore, recreational boating is not allowed. Limited hunting and limited recreational fishing and crabbing can continue to provide sustenance, however social distancing must be adhered to strictly. No permits for fishing tournaments, including virtual tournaments, will be issued by the department until further notice. Commercial fishing is deemed essential and may continue since it is part of the food supply chain. Stay in Delaware!

It's a stupid rule.

Recreational boating should be allowed as long as you are alone or with a family member that resides in your home.

Keep your distance at the ramp from others.

20. Member
    Mr. Richards, are you aware if you come into Maryland you could be quarantined for 14 days! Stupid or not, know the law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast