Marine Fuse Block

Has anyone used these? I was thinking with all this time I have on my hands now I would work on the boat. Would these cause interference with sonar? Looking for input.

Thanks,
    Philthy

Blue Sea Systems ST Blade ATO/ATC Fuse Blocks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001P6FTHC..._bFQGEbJK9TC0X

2. Member
    I have a dedicated Blue Seas box for electronics. Three HDS units, one SS3D unit, one N2K system with Point 1 antenna. I have it mounted under the driver console. I think I used 8ga from the battery to the Blue seas box. Manual circuit breaker at the battery. I have not had any trouble/interference with sonar.

Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Everyone has that fuse block.....in fact i just bought one myself....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Thanks for the input guys! Just started a new setup for the boat. Its a 2005 Stratos and i dont think anything had ever been changed. So i got two screens and a new Terrova with spot lock. Ill use the fuse block for the Screens, Ethernet box, and GPS sensor. Thanks for the input guys!

5. Member
    Really considering putting one of these in my boat as well. Has anyone put any kind of a switch to cutoff power to the fuse block so that can cut power to everything at once?
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    Really considering putting one of these in my boat as well. Has anyone put any kind of a switch to cutoff power to the fuse block so that can cut power to everything at once?
    Switch, no. Manual circuit breaker at the battery like in post #2, absolutely.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I have one with a rocker switch on my dash where i cut power to the block.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    Yep, What Ed r said. Did the same. Dedicated line from the battery with an inline fuse at the battery, Blue Seas mounted under the dash. All my new electronics are hooked up to that. Did not mess with the factory boat wiring.
    dvl2700

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Switch, no. Manual circuit breaker at the battery like in post #2, absolutely.
    Oh OK, i see the one in post #2 now. That's what I was looking for! Any idea who manufactures that one and what the part number is? I assume a 20 or 25 amp? I mostly just plan to run 3 Humminbirds and a 5 port USB switch to the fuse block so nothing too power hungry.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    Oh OK, i see the one in post #2 now. That's what I was looking for! Any idea who manufactures that one and what the part number is? I assume a 20 or 25 amp? I mostly just plan to run 3 Humminbirds and a 5 port USB switch to the fuse block so nothing too power hungry.
    I installed a 30a waterproof manual reset breaker that I got off amazon.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

11. Member
    This looks like it would do the trick.

https://www.amazon.com/Tocas-Surface..._=sb_s_sparkle
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225