Thread: No Wayyy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Just got text back from DNR officer.

Can you confirm that launches, in a private campground or marina are exempt from the Governors boat ramp closure?

"YES, private ramps are still open. Some have closed down on their own, but they're not required to by the executive order."

If Marinas choose to close, based on trying to keep crowds away? possibly, then that is their choice.

2. Member
    It will be interesting to see if SCDNR issues further guidance. We'll keep watching it.....

Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    Jeff, I'm not sure about being able to use those ramps.

I was thinking the same thing, a privately owned marina/ramp should be exempt. But my son has been doing some checking, the sticking point may be that the marina's lease the land from Santee Cooper Power, which while technically they aren't state owned, they're still a state agency.

Hope they can be open, we were planning on going this Saturday.

BTW, did you make your yearly trip down here?
    I was down in mid-February. The early warming trend got the fish frisky. But, by the time I got there it was all over and a big cold front hit. I was planning a second trip about now, but that's not going to happen this year.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by keoweeskeeter View Post
    Interesting - sounds like it is definitely not being interpreted/enforced uniformly. I don't have a facebook account but someone who does could post the question on the SC DNR page and see what they say.
    THe reply i posted was , and still is, the correct answer to this.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I see Apple Island ramp is open. Isn't that the one down the road from Waldrops??
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Nope, Apple Island is next to Broyles. Weldon Island is at Waldrop's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12