Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cleaning white boat hull.

What is best to remove scum line on white gelcoat?

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I always used Starbrite Hull Cleaner on my white 201. Spray on, let sit about 5 min or so & wash off. Need to apply wax afterwards.

http://www.starbrite.com/item/instan...ategory_id=566

3. Member
    I use On & Off Hull Cleaner. The Gel does a better job but more work, the liquid I can spray on with a cheap pump sprayer and not get it on my clothes.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

PureKleen is the best descaler I've ever used. EVER.

If Bass Boat Saver won't get stubborn stains off, I use Star brite Marine Polish. It gets the stains off and waxes the surface at the same time.
    2012 Stratos ChampioN 183 Elite
    Mercury 175 ProXS

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Dollar General toilet bowl cleaner does very well on salt water boats down here in FL. I was skeptical but it works.

7. Member
    DAVIS FSR ( FIBERGLASS STAIN REMOVER) ACADEMY HAS IT.

8. TJNYSNP
    Tip what not to use.... don't use Simple Green. If you leave it for too long on any spot it turns the white hull to a putty color..... did that one night and came out in morning and had to spend days to get the white back because there were some spots where i didn't get the Simple Green off when rinsed. just a tip not to use Simple Green on outside white hull.

9. Pat Goff
    Not for scum lines, but if you get road tar on your pretty white hull, just use some of the hens spray n wash. You will be amazed at the results.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

10. Member
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I always used Starbrite Hull Cleaner on my white 201. Spray on, let sit about 5 min or so & wash off. Need to apply wax afterwards.

http://www.starbrite.com/item/instan...ategory_id=566
    This^^^^ and fallow the instructions wear gloves this stuff is hard on skin.

12. Member
    "The Works" tub and tile cleaner. I've used many cleaners over the years, this worked the best. You will need to wax or seal your boat after as this stuff strips everything off the gel.

https://www.truevalue.com/tub-shower...RoC720QAvD_BwE

13. Member
    The Works toilet bowl cleaner or Captain John's Boat Brite Algae and Waterline Stain Remover. Both work great with the edge to The Works just get it off any metal quickly. The Boat Brite is green safe. I put them in a small garden sprayer.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

14. Member
    I use Iron out. Its a powder you mix with warm water. Spray it on and watch the stains disappear. Guaranteed

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 95champ202 View Post
    I use Iron out. Its a powder you mix with warm water. Spray it on and watch the stains disappear. Guaranteed
    Are you talking about rust stains or scum lines on the hull? Asking do to the fact Iron out is billed as rust remover.
    Bruce Theriot
    2003 Champion 196 Elite
    200 Mercury Opti max
    25 Tempest A45

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ 196 elite View Post
    Are you talking about rust stains or scum lines on the hull? Asking do to the fact Iron out is billed as rust remover.
    It is made to clean toilet bowl rings from hard water.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertHan View Post
    The guy did a marvelous job and recommended this Meguiar’s M5916 marine quick wax clean and protect. Had used for my gel white gel coat. Said it is all he uses on his personal boat. My fiberglass boat is well-maintained because of it. I can’t ask for anything better. My dad used it to refurbish an old boat and the result is great. He also found out that it’s great for fixing gel coats.
    I use this also and love it. Takes off all the scum and waxes at the same time.

18. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    Not for scum lines, but if you get road tar on your pretty white hull, just use some of the hens spray n wash. You will be amazed at the results.
    Hens? Where do you find that ...not familiar...??

19. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    This stuff? Spray ‘n Wash: Laundry Stain Remover | Spray ‘n Wash US (spraynwash.com)

20. Banned
    Purekleen is a very good NON CAUSTIC cleaner for a beautiful white gel coat hull...http://www.purkleensolutions.com/

If you want to abuse your gel coat hull with acid...by all means use that on off crap as suggested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast