Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve lacey View Post
    This statement makes you sound little stupid.
    I never claimed to be otherwise

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve lacey View Post
    This statement makes you sound little stupid.
    Care to expound on that statement?

4. Member
    I think it’s a compliment. He said “little stupid”, not “a little stupid”. Big difference.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bware View Post
    I think it’s a compliment. He said “little stupid”, not “a little stupid”. Big difference.
    I think I'm too stupid

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drl2t View Post
    If the government has that power today, they have it in the future as well.
    You can't be serious.

Might some folks fish alone? Or with a family member who they're already exposed to regularly? Hell, more than half the country are considered essential employees, which means they're already within 6 feet of each other anyway. At least they'd be outside instead of some box like Walmart or Lowe's.

Registration/buy in could easily be handled electronically. Weigh in shouldn't be a big deal to figure out either. Have a drop tank where the weigh master picks up bags from. Pretty simple really
    dumb

If the government has that power today, they have it in the future as well.
    It's not about Government power.. this is about the well being of our fellow Americans including your own family. You obviously don't realize the severity of this virus. Nothing including a Bass fishing tournament is worth the risk.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marlon crowder View Post
    You can't be serious.
    Couldn't be more. I'm always concerned when rights are stripped, even if I don't agree with those on the other side
    2005 Nitro NX882 single console
    Mercury 150 XR6 1B042145
    36V 112 lbs thrust MinnKota Ultrex

As a country, Freedom is our supreme value. But, no freedom is unlimited. No one has the freedom to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater. Your freedom to swing your arm ends where another person's nose begins. And, my freedom of movement must temporarily take a back seat to the freedom of others that I might infect to live.

I have friends who post on Facebook about the government using the virus as an excuse to permanently restrict freedom and seize permanent power. There is NO ONE more skeptical of government power than I am. But, I just don't see this happening to that extend nor do I see the courts allowing it to continue once the crisis has passed.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    It's not about Government power.. this is about the well being of our fellow Americans including your own family. You obviously don't realize the severity of this virus. Nothing including a Bass fishing tournament is worth the risk.
    How are willing fisherman fishing in Florida affecting me and my family?
    Mercury 150 XR6 1B042145

How are willing fisherman fishing in Florida affecting me and my family?
    The same way those people in China affected those people in Italy, Iran, New York, and Florida, to name a few places. It's not about you.

Why can't they just go fishing?

Why, under these circumstances, do you have to bring fish back, get everyone together, weigh them, and declare a winner?

13. Member
    Couldn't be more. I'm always concerned when rights are stripped, even if I don't agree with those on the other side
    I hope to god you are just a Troll.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    The same way those people in China affected those people in Italy, Iran, New York, and Florida, to name a few places. It's not about you.

Why, under these circumstances, do you have to bring fish back, get everyone together, weigh them, and declare a winner?
    He is a Troll, the other option is just too hard to fathom.

15. Member

It is about ME. ME and my wife are doing all we can to not be exposed. I would assume by proxy that we also can't infect other people if we are at home(should we already be infected).
    Mercury 150 XR6 1B042145

It is about ME. ME and my wife are doing all we can to not be exposed. I would assume by proxy that we also can't infect other people if we are at home(should we already be infected).
    Do you understand that the more THEY get together, the longer YOU have to stay at home?

17. Member

Restaurants are still open for business, they've just amended their procedures. Surely someone can find a way to conduct a non-contact weigh in.
    Mercury 150 XR6 1B042145

18. Member

Mom told me that at the worst times, or during a terrible occurrence, that sometime we have to look at the good that come out of those things. I think I found one here. 188Musky is making sound and un-trolling posts that I actually agree with, and I think I might like him as a person after all

19. Member
    If you look at the executive orders issued by the governors restricting things they all have expiration/end dates i.e they are not trying to take our rights away permanently but trying to protect everyone as this virus is serious. Our gov here in Va, who I really do not like, has at least left it open for us to fish and use boat ramps as long as no tournaments or pleasure boaters abusing the "social distancing" rules ruin it. Running tournaments pretty much is hard to do without practicing social distancing, because of check in and weigh in, so something like they are doing at Toho could ultimately ruin it for anyone that could safely go fishing. I am a hardcore tourney guy and God knows I am missing them but I would miss being able to fish at all even more so willing to suck it up and deal with this.

20. Member
    The Fl. Gov. passed a law a couple of days ago that stated all boats must be 50' away from each other. That's ok after take off but what about at launch and weigh-in..

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast