Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drl2t View Post
    Yikes, the mob mentality is spreading like wildfire! Don't agree with it, don't go. It should be pretty easy to maintain safe distances throughout the whole tournament process. I've fished my fair share of them, and never had to touch somebody to participate.

It's reckless to beg the government to interfere with our fellow Americans freedom. They're here to protect our God given rights, not take them away.
    Ah, I see you have a thorough grasp of the situation at hand

2. Member
    Yikes, the mob mentality is spreading like wildfire! Don't agree with it, don't go. It should be pretty easy to maintain safe distances throughout the whole tournament process. I've fished my fair share of them, and never had to touch somebody to participate.

It's reckless to beg the government to interfere with our fellow Americans freedom. They're here to protect our God given rights, not take them away.
    And when those 150-200 people potentially infect another thousand who will protect those people's rights? This argument is old and ignorant at this point. I can't believe there are that many people willing to risk their health and the health of everyone they come in contact with for a bass fishing tournament.

I don't know anything about Toho Marine. But, if they are located on the water, they may have their own private ramp. Therefore, they may not be required to obtain a permit if the weigh-in is on private property. Still pretty stupid.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    And when those 150-200 people potentially infect another thousand who will protect those people's rights? This argument is old and ignorant at this point. I can't believe there are that many people willing to risk their health and the health of everyone they come in contact with for a bass fishing tournament.
    When did fishing become a contact sport?
    2005 Nitro NX882 single console
    Mercury 150 XR6 1B042145
    36V 112 lbs thrust MinnKota Ultrex

5. Member
    When did fishing become a contact sport?
    When they are all using the same shitter at the ramp.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    When they are all using the same shitter at the ramp.
    Not a chance--I'm hanging it off the back of the boat
    Mercury 150 XR6 1B042145

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    NC sent out an email this afternoon shutting down all tournaments at all ramps operated by Wildlife Resource Commission through April 30.
    Sounds like Florida need to do the same thing, some just can't help themselves its like a gambling habit

8. Member

The virus doesn't care about your tournament, mob mentality, government, god or freedom. It will spread person to person regardless and a fishing tournament is a great venue to do just that.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marlon crowder View Post
    The virus doesn't care about your tournament, mob mentality, government, god or freedom. It will spread person to person regardless and a fishing tournament is a greater venue to do just that.
    I support the whole social distancing suggestion. I truly don't understand how fishing spreads the virus though
    Mercury 150 XR6 1B042145

10. Member
    I support the whole social distancing suggestion. I truly don't understand how fishing spreads the virus though
    Yes that's clear and sadly that's the problem and why eventually all states will be fully locked down before this is over.

11. Member
    CDC and WHO recommends that you stay 6 ft away from any other human being that does not live in your home. Are you suggesting that you can fish in the same boat with another person drive to the ramp and maintain 6 ft of separation? Not to mention weigh in and all the other BS that goes on around tournaments etc.....

12. Member
    Yes that's clear and sadly that's the problem and why eventually all states will be fully locked down before this is over.
    They need to shut everything down besides the essentials people are too stupid !

13. Member
    There are those, that will never get it. Go on with your attitude, and don't cry about what happens. You now why?? Because shit happens!!! Look at Mardi Gra, same thing in a smaller setting. You do whatever you want.

14. Member
    CDC and WHO recommends that you stay 6 ft away from any other human being that does not live in your home. Are you suggesting that you can fish in the same boat with another person drive to the ramp and maintain 6 ft of separation? Not to mention weigh in and all the other BS that goes on around tournaments etc.....
    Might some folks fish alone? Or with a family member who they're already exposed to regularly? Hell, more than half the country are considered essential employees, which means they're already within 6 feet of each other anyway. At least they'd be outside instead of some box like Walmart or Lowe's.

Registration/buy in could easily be handled electronically. Weigh in shouldn't be a big deal to figure out either. Have a drop tank where the weigh master picks up bags from. Pretty simple really
    Mercury 150 XR6 1B042145

15. Member

This is EXACTLY the time when we NEED our government to intervene. When people can't be trusted with their own freedom and are willing to put others in harm's way because of their ignorance.

16. Member
    Might some folks fish alone? Or with a family member who they're already exposed to regularly? Hell, more than half the country are considered essential employees, which means they're already within 6 feet of each other anyway. At least they'd be outside instead of some box like Walmart or Lowe's.

Registration/buy in could easily be handled electronically. Weigh in shouldn't be a big deal to figure out either. Have a drop tank where the weigh master picks up bags from. Pretty simple really
    I can't. You win.

It is "IDIOTS" like you why the virus spreads.
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basfish View Post
    It is "IDIOTS" like you why the virus spreads.
    Thank you for your compliment. I go to work, Kroger, and home. Wife and kids haven't left the house yet. Please feel free to enlighten me some more.
    Mercury 150 XR6 1B042145

19. Member
    They need to shut everything down besides the essentials people are too stupid !
    This statement makes you sound little stupid.

20. Member
    This is EXACTLY the time when we NEED our government to intervene. When people can't be trusted with their own freedom and are willing to put others in harm's way because of their ignorance.
    If the government has that power today, they have it in the future as well.
    Mercury 150 XR6 1B042145

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast