Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I read somewhere this morning that the the virus can travel up to 27 feet and remain airborne for up to 3 hours... Wish I could find the article... Dan
    Also it can live on a surface for days...so wet wipes with lysol are key

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    is that a son, grandson?
    Last edited by Bluegill22; 03-31-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drl2t View Post
    How are willing fisherman fishing in Florida affecting me and my family?
    It can be spread easily.......... Someone could have the virus and not even know it. Its the principal of the matter. Common sense.....which obviously you choose to ignore. Not just a tournament in FL. It is just another example of how it can be spread.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I read somewhere this morning that the the virus can travel up to 27 feet and remain airborne for up to 3 hours... Wish I could find the article... Dan

Subscribe
    Sign In
    up next
    Fact check: Is COVID-19 spreading on gas pumps?
    6 feet enough for social distancing? MIT researcher says droplets carrying coronavirus can travel up to 27 feet
    JORDAN CULVER | USA TODAY | 3 hours ago

Social distancing matters. Here is how to do it and how it can help curb the COVID-19 pandemic.
    JUST THE FAQS, USA TODAY
    The novel coronavirus has prompted social distancing measures around the world. One researcher believes what's being done isn't enough.

Lydia Bourouiba, an associate professor at MIT, has researched the dynamics of exhalations (coughs and sneezes, for instance) for years at The Fluid Dynamics of Disease Transmission Laboratory and found exhalations cause gaseous clouds that can travel up to 27 feet.

Her research could have implications for the global COVID-19 pandemic, though measures called for by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization call for six and three feet of space, respectively.

“There’s an urgency in revising the guidelines currently being given by the WHO and the CDC on the needs for protective equipment, particularly for the frontline health care workers,” Bourouiba told USA TODAY.

5. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post

Love that kid!
    Who controls John Gill?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    Serious question...What about all the cash that gets passed around? Then the guys who "cash checks" get to handle it, then pass it out around their community ?
    or all of the common surfaces that get touched.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
    or all of the common surfaces that get touched.
    Blue nitrile gloves at gas pumps, atm's, grocey stores. Anywhere people are.
    A goal without a plan is just a dream.

8. Banned
    Is Toho marine on the boycott list yet??

9. Banned
    [QUOTE=west texas luke;10983949]Is Toho marine on the boycott list yet??[/QUOTE
    I don’t know but seems like a great place to hang out the week after the tournament and shake hands with all the guys.

10. Banned
    I just did a google search for Toho Marine Tournaments and the only one I saw in March was held on the 14th https://tohomarine.com/elite-pro-team-trail-2020/ . Is this the one that is being discussed?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    I just did a google search for Toho Marine Tournaments and the only one I saw in March was held on the 14th https://tohomarine.com/elite-pro-team-trail-2020/ . Is this the one that is being discussed?
    Look on their Spacebook page. It lists all the precautions they are putting in place too (not).

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bware View Post
    Look on their Spacebook page. It lists all the precautions they are putting in place too (not).
    Good news.They're only going to have 5 boats at a time for the weigh in. Problem solved!

Just looked and they are a BBC sponsor. Wonder why they won't comment on here on their thought process and position.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    Just looked and they are a BBC sponsor. Wonder why they won't comment on here on their thought process and position.
    Can't win so just keeping their mouths shut... Dan

15. Banned
    Osceola county is under a Stay At Home order, I looked at the list of things you can do and fishing the Wednesday Night tournament isn't on it. When I sent them a PM on FB about it, they answered that they will be social distancing and the Wed Night Tournys aren't crowded anyway. Way to go... It only takes one or two things like this to get all the ramps closed and ruin it for everyone.

16. Member
    This is the ultimate definition of tone deaf. What a dumb decision.

which is worse those who fish or the promoters of event......complete disregard for the safety of yourself and others

18. Member
    This is how boat ramps get shut down. Places with large gatherings like parks are being closed.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

It amazes me how addicted some people are of tournament fishing. They can’t just go fishing. That put what they want to do above anyone else’s safety and say to hell with everyone else. Me me me me.

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    It amazes me how addicted some people are of tournament fishing. They can’t just go fishing.[/B][/B] That put what they want to do above anyone else’s safety and say to hell with everyone else. Me me me me.
    Exactly. Was surprised and disappointed to see a local ramp / tackle shop ran their monthly tournament this past weekend. Not huge but 20+ boats and double that amount of anglers. Posting results and pics online. They also do a smaller weekly gig, (ran that Sat to tune of 14 boats - 26 anglers). Just business as usual..All to just stoke a few egos and the almighty dollar. WTH. Hope they re-think their mission looking forward. Seems everything revolves around tournaments and chest thumping nowadays, I just can't relate. I do get the income loss for shop but our generous government has things in place to combat that..

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast