Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

I can't believe it ?

I just verified this myself, Toho marine will be hosting a what will more than likely be a 75-100 boat team tournament out of overstreet landing this Saturday. Again we will get what we deserve with this virus a hope and pray this virus is not as bad as some say.

NC sent out an email this afternoon shutting down all tournaments at all ramps operated by Wildlife Resource Commission through April 30.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Idiots

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    NC sent out an email this afternoon shutting down all tournaments at all ramps operated by Wildlife Resource Commission through April 30.
    Can you post a copy of the email
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

NCWRC News Alert: Weigh-In and Special Use Permits Rescinded and Cancelled through April 30, 2020
    SVC_WRC.WRC News <wrcnews@ncwildlife.org>
    Mon 3/30/2020 5:10 PM

Dear Permit Holder and Event Organizers,

Effective immediately, the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission is rescinding and cancelling all Weigh-In and Special Use Permits through April 30, 2020, in an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Additionally, all L15 Permits are suspended through April 30, 2020. This action is necessary to comply with, support and enforce Governor Cooper's Statewide “Stay-at-Home” order; city, local municipality, and county “Stay-At-Home” orders issued, as well as the CDC’s Guidelines.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but public safety is the highest priority at this time. Permit Holders and Event Organizers will be allowed to reschedule events at a later date.

Most Wildlife Commission managed Boating Access Areas are open; however, please observe social distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC as well as all other mandates while using these sites. Please continue to check our website (ncwildlife.org/Boating/Where-to-Boat) for closures related to weather damage, repair/renovation, or requests from a cooperator.

Once again, we appreciate your understanding, flexibility, and cooperation while we all do our part to keep everyone safe during these challenging times.

Please contact us at 919-707-0150 or by email at boatingaccess@ncwildlife.org if you have any questions or concerns.

Email correspondence to and from this sender is subject to the N.C. Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Quote Originally Posted by Commanche20 View Post
    Can you post a copy of the email
    Sent to who ever ordered the weigh in permit for the tournament organization. I'm sure(hope) more word will come out through their other official channels soon.
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marlon crowder View Post
    I just verified this myself, Toho marine will be hosting a what will more than likely be a 75-100 boat team tournament out of overstreet landing this Saturday. Again we will get what we deserve with this virus a hope and pray this virus is not as bad as some say.
    If you know about it so does the local authority... It's now up to them to either look the other way or shut it down... Dan

8. Member
    Whats a weigh in permit?
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

9. Member
    This is bonkers and will not end well.
    GETFISHED !!!

Maybe somebody should call Toho marine and explain how dumb this is.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    If you know about it so does the local authority... It's now up to them to either look the other way or shut it down... Dan
    I assume they have pulled permits from FWC and everything is on the up and up, either way I am not a snitch and these are adults who chose to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Whats a weigh in permit?
    NC Wildlife commission requires a permit to hold a tournament weigh in at the boat ramps that they maintain. They are free to obtain but you must have one. They have the L15 which is what a lot of clubs get which is good for any day and facility as long as you have less than 15 boats. Anything more than 15 you need a permit for each date and event... this way they can ensure one ramp doesn't have multiple large events on one day.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

13. Banned
    I assume they have pulled permits from FWC and everything is on the up and up, either way I am not a snitch and these are adults who chose to participate.
    Not encouraging or implying anything... But you'd thing the proper authority would step in and be the adult... Dan

14. Member
    You Can’t Fix...... Nevermind, you already know.
    Praying for a Cure

15. Member
    ...and these are adults who chose to participate.
    Which makes their lack of consideration that much more reprehensible, and them, personally, that much more easy to prosecute.

If the participants have any intelligence at all, they'll band together and hopefully realize how irresponsible this is and what the consequences can be to their access in the near future. Please, if you're in that area, call everyone you know and get them to not participate! There is bound to be someone that is a member here that will do this for the benefit of us all.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Toho Marine & Outdoors
    9 hours ago

Team Tournament this Saturday out of Overstreet Landing.. $100 entry fee 100% payout.. $500 BIG Fish sponsored by Foxtail Custom Cabinetry.. Sign up at Ramp .. Launch at safelight.. weigh-in 3:00pm

You are exactly right took this off their website
    https://tohomarine.com/tournaments/

Tag FWC and Florida health and then Share it to both their facebook pages I bet it gets ended.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    If the participants have any intelligence at all, they'll band together and hopefully realize how irresponsible this is and what the consequences can be to their access in the near future. Please, if you're in that area, call everyone you know and get them to not participate! There is bound to be someone that is a member here that will do this for the benefit of us all.
    Most of my friends that fish, just participated in a tournament on Kissimmee 70 boats I believe that was held and organized, because all other tournaments in the area have been postponed. If they aren't in fear of this pandemic by now they never will.

20. Member
    Yikes, the mob mentality is spreading like wildfire! Don't agree with it, don't go. It should be pretty easy to maintain safe distances throughout the whole tournament process. I've fished my fair share of them, and never had to touch somebody to participate.

It's reckless to beg the government to interfere with our fellow Americans freedom. They're here to protect our God given rights, not take them away.
    2005 Nitro NX882 single console
    Mercury 150 XR6 1B042145
    36V 112 lbs thrust MinnKota Ultrex

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast