Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    [QUOTE=I.P. Freely;10982030][/QU I love it! O

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drl2t View Post
    Sensationalize much? Big media could probably use another fearmonger right now.

Some people act like this stuff is just raining down from the skies.
    Probably be on here next week asking for prayers for a buddy that caught the rona....

3. Member
    Everyone , each one of you reading this will at some point in your life be exposed to this virus unless you die before exposure. This virus IMO will remain viable forever and will never be eradicated. Currently this initial ascension of this virus has caught the entire world unprepared . A result of being unprepared is that the enemy ( covid-19 ) has the early advantage, hence the undesirable casualty rate. As the USA ramps up their response the mortality and infection rate should level off somewhat, ie. flattening the curve. The USA government can only do so much and as much as I dislike our current POTUS I think finally this administration is trying their durndest to get on track. This country has been plagued by lack of available facilities, staff, ppe, and other necessary integral tools such as test kits. This has come at a substantial cost.

Lacking any national ( Federal ) design or directive the American people are left relying on a patchwork response or protocol implemented by individual state governors or local mayors. Misinformation and outright denial and untrue info coming from the White House has led many state responses to be politically biased which in many cases results in less than effective policy. The American people need and deserve the truth in these times. We aren't consistently getting it.

Regardless of all the above the sooner the American people treat this like a poisonous snake and keep their distance, the sooner we can slow the death rate as the USA works hard to catch up with the required needs to address this . The social distancing is the ONE thing the people of this country can do as a united people to bring this carnage to it's knees.

In the future going forward realize that this virus is here to stay, at some point in your life you WILL be exposed to it, and just hope our social distancing efforts are united enough. Maybe you will be lucky enough that your exposure will happen later when this country is in a position to address it nationwide and you won't be in a straw drawing contest to see who gets the ventilator.

Folks PLEASE HUNKER DOWN AT HOME .
    GETFISHED !!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Probably be on here next week asking for prayers for a buddy that caught the rona....
    It is just a matter of time before someone close to me gets it. My job puts me and my colleagues (I consider them family) in direct contact with people who do/may have it. We don't dwell on it. We take precautions on every call and keep the stations as sanitized as possible. This is our reality, we must live in it.
    2005 Nitro NX882 single console
    Mercury 150 XR6 1B042145
    36V 112 lbs thrust MinnKota Ultrex

5. Member
    Someone will figure out a vaccine. Until then Social distancing is our best option. Treatments will also get better. It will just take some time.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Someone will figure out a vaccine. Until then Social distancing is our best option. Treatments will also get better. It will just take some time.
    This!

#Thewateristheirstadium
    #covidcoanglers
    #gottawinthat$124

8. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bware View Post
    Mom told me that at the worst times, or during a terrible occurrence, that sometime we have to look at the good that come out of those things. I think I found one here. 188Musky is making sound and un-trolling posts that I actually agree with, and I think I might like him as a person after all

Give it some time... You just don't know him very well, yet.
    Who controls John Gill?

9. Member
    I could understand the current response if this pandemic was something like Ebola wherein almost every single person who gets it is going to die. However, that is simply not the case with this one. Covid-19 is literally only slightly more deadly than the common flu (many argue that it is less deadly). This can be debated, twisted and sensationalized all you want but at the end of the day the numbers don't lie. Do I think this should be taken seriously, yes! Do I think that an effort should be made to avoid getting it, yes. Do I think I am going to die if I happen to get it, maybe but death is VERY statistically unlikely. The truth is that we now live in a world with Covid-19 and at some point, despite your best effort and despite the fact that we have collapsed the global economy you are likely going to come in contact with this virus. When/if that happens just know that the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor for survival. Look at it like this, if there were 100 solo cups upside down on a table and someone said there are two of those cups that have a ball under them. You are required to choose a cup but if you reveal a ball it is instant death or you could voluntarily destroy your entire life (lose your income, limit you freedoms and become destitute) to avoid having to choose a cup what would you do???
    I personally take my chances with choosing one of the 98 cups without a ball. That, my friends is exactly what we are doing right now and the sheep are electing self destruction over taking their chances with a low risk virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    #Thewateristheirstadium
    #covidcoanglers
    #gottawinthat$124
    wait a few weeks to live the dream future KVD, lol

11. Member
    What kind of ball is it? Ping pong? golf? Super?

12. Member
    So are you one of the wolves slaughtering sheep ?
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Tar View Post
    I could understand the current response if this pandemic was something like Ebola wherein almost every single person who gets it is going to die. However, that is simply not the case with this one. Covid-19 is literally only slightly more deadly than the common flu (many argue that it is less deadly). This can be debated, twisted and sensationalized all you want but at the end of the day the numbers don't lie. Do I think this should be taken seriously, yes! Do I think that an effort should be made to avoid getting it, yes. Do I think I am going to die if I happen to get it, maybe but death is VERY statistically unlikely. The truth is that we now live in a world with Covid-19 and at some point, despite your best effort and despite the fact that we have collapsed the global economy you are likely going to come in contact with this virus. When/if that happens just know that the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor for survival. Look at it like this, if there were 100 solo cups upside down on a table and someone said there are two of those cups that have a ball under them. You are required to choose a cup but if you reveal a ball it is instant death or you could voluntarily destroy your entire life (lose your income, limit you freedoms and become destitute) to avoid having to choose a cup what would you do???
    I personally take my chances with choosing one of the 98 cups without a ball. That, my friends is exactly what we are doing right now and the sheep are electing self destruction over taking their chances with a low risk virus.
    Not at all true. Listen to Trump's own docs please, Fauci and Birx. They are estimating at minimum 200,000 US citizens will die due to the virus...

And, if you taking your chances only affected you, all of us would say "Have at it. More power to you." But, your actions don't just affect you. With this virus, people can be contagious and not show any symptoms. So, they go about their life infecting others...who may survive, but who may also infect Grandma who won't survive the lady next door who has severe asthma and will die. In addition, infecting all of these other people contributes to overwhelming our medical system so that people who need treatment can't get it. When overwhelmed, Docs will have to make decisions on who gets treatment and who dies...all because some ,who only cared for themselves, decided to "live their life and take their chances." This is one of those deals where you are either part of the solution or part of the problem. Those who choose to "live their lives" without abiding by the social distancing guidelines, are part of the problem and are only prolonging the process and causing others, whom they do not know, to die.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    And, if you taking your chances only affected you, all of us would say "Have at it. More power to you." But, your actions don't just affect you. With this virus, people can be contagious and not show any symptoms. So, they go about their life infecting others...who may survive, but who may also infect Grandma who won't survive the lady next door who has severe asthma and will die. In addition, infecting all of these other people contributes to overwhelming our medical system so that people who need treatment can't get it. When overwhelmed, Docs will have to make decisions on who gets treatment and who dies...all because some ,who only cared for themselves, decided to "live their life and take their chances." This is one of those deals where you are either part of the solution or part of the problem. Those who choose to "live their lives" without abiding by the social distancing guidelines, are part of the problem and are only prolonging the process and causing others, whom they do not know, to die.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    That's the point they miss Jeff. In his scenario the only person that gets impacted is him. The reality is that choosing the wrong cup may not hurt him but could be devastating to someone else and maybe even someone close to him. It's not an individual risk so the question is not whether you want to risk your own life but someone else's.

Well dang sounds like you have it figured out. Maybe you need to go to Washington and explain it to them and the doctors too while you are at it. People like is why it’s going to take longer for this thing to run it’s course and get back to normal life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill22 View Post
    Not at all true. Listen to Trump's own docs please, Fauci and Birx. They are estimating at minimum 200,000 US citizens will die due to the virus...

In fairness they said 100,000-200,000 per most articles you can find. Still too many.

19. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    To each their own, the thing I love about this country is our Constitution and Bill of Rights. Our club is still going as of now. It’s small, 20-25 boats and we darn sure kept our distance at our last tourney! Thing was it was during spring break and there were literally hundreds of pontoons/wake/pleasure boats with 20 people on each one. They didn’t care!

A huge church here in Tampa keeps having 500+ at their services, the sheriff asked nice but when they continued to have 2 services Sunday, the pastor was arrested yesterday.

We can be outside and fish but for gods sake use your brains people! My biggest fear is that we start voluntarily giving up more and more freedoms because some small % of the population is just too stupid/selfish to practice safety.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

20. Member
    Did one or two people handle each weigh bag? Or did every angler touch the basket?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast