Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

2. Member
    I am waiting on the props to be returned after some modifications. Both did well but can do better. I don’t think either will hit 90. I believe I will see 90 with a Pro Max will all holes plugged and a blow put ring. I am still scared to put 2500.00 in to the Max 5 ST.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

3. Member
    has bass cat ever hit 100 mph in any boat?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    The new 22ft Jag with the Merc 450R will see triple digits.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

5. Member
    Elwood
    Were you running at Larto/Saline today? I seen an Eyra fly by and liked to sucked the stripes off my PII!
    Looked like your colors and a 300R.

Don
    Last edited by Cajunhunter67; 06-01-2020 at 10:48 PM.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Yes...

The Jaguar and 450R is a strong combo.

We quit racing though in the early 1990’s and held two years bass boat championships in the early 1980’s. The 100 mph game is not honestly that popular in today’s world. People are much more conservative and have less risk tendency in boating today.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    Yes

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    The new 22ft Jag with the Merc 450R will see triple digits.

Don
    To be fair...plenty of modern bass boats going back to the 80s would/will run 100 w 450 ponies...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    To be fair...plenty of modern bass boats going back to the 80s would/will run 100 w 450 ponies...
    I agree, but they werent 22 feet and 2300 lbs empty weight.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    I am waiting on the props to be returned after some modifications. Both did well but can do better. I don’t think either will hit 90. I believe I will see 90 with a Pro Max will all holes plugged and a blow put ring. I am still scared to put 2500.00 in to the Max 5 ST.
    2500, WOW! I would be scare to death of damaging it every time I put it in the water.

Props for the Mercury R Series with a SportMaster gearcase can cost upwards of $7,500 retail. They suggest the CNC or Max Five propellers and only the racing series or aftermarket propellers. They DO NOT suggest a Fury and the Fury won’t live long when surfacing propellers.

The Max Five comes in a large variety of Lab Finished, while the CNC Clever is a Wild Child and has everything from varying degree, half inch pitches, various diameters and can be purchased in an almost infinite shape and thus the costs. Everything in Mercury Racing is lab finished.

No, you won’t run one on the Ouachita River or a Lake Fork at the cost of the wheel.

https://www.mercuryracing.com/boat-p...board-cleaver/

https://www.mercuryracing.com/boat-propellers/#outboard
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 06-02-2020 at 07:06 AM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Props for the Mercury R Series with a SportMaster gearcase can cost upwards of $7,500 retail. They suggest the CNC or Max Five propellers and only the racing series or aftermarket propellers. They DO NOT suggest a Fury and the Fury won’t live long when surfacing propellers.

The Max Five comes in a large variety of Lab Finished, while the CNC Clever is a Wild Child and has everything from varying degree, half inch pitches, various diameters and can be purchased in an almost infinite shape and thus the costs. Everything in Mercury Racing is lab finished.

No, you won’t run one on the Ouachita River or a Lake Fork at the cost of the wheel.

https://www.mercuryracing.com/boat-p...board-cleaver/

https://www.mercuryracing.com/boat-propellers/#outboard
    WOW! I would see about a separate insurance policy for just the prop.

13. Member
    BTT
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

14. Member
    Just got an email today that the prop was on its way back to me.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

Following ....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

16. Member
    Welll I know that I have been a little shy on keeping everyone up to date on what is working or not working. I have to tell you guys that this has been a very emotional/financial roller coaster and is not over yet. But.....I do have a few things discovered and to say.
    First thing is Hydrodynamics and Hill props rocks. We have worked out several issues and still have a ways to go. These companies have worked with me through thick and thin and there has been a lot of thin.
    The first and foremost thing that everyone with a bass boat and a 300R is having problems with is the hole shot. It has really become a primary concern with the Bass Boat community because the motor should be breaking our neck getting out of the hole.....not happening and I blame mercury tuning for this. 4.6 liters should have zero hole shot problems. So I have no choice but to work with what I have....and by no means am I complaining about what I have.
    A couple things discovered while running props. The 300R is a freaking beast once it gets out of the hole!!!!! Mid range is fun and top end is great. This is where I blame Mercury for poor tuning on the low end or neglecting the bass boat guys that need a hole shot. Why in the hell is a 4.6 liter dragging to get out of the hole on a bass boat? Just something for them to answer.
    Back to what I have currently. I will not list all the props that I have tried but will focus on some achievements in the positive direction. Working with Hydro...we tried several configurations on the P-5 and could not get a good or at least a executable holeshot. Talked with them and after looking at my best top end which was with a Pro Max we decided to decrease the Diameter of the prop. They sent me back a P-5 with tube trimmed, 28 pitch and diameter of 14 3/8 inch. MONEY!!!! Still a little work to go but I have the same hole shot as a 26 Bravo and top end is still yet to be achieved. Hit 84.5 under crappy conditions and my hole shot depending on load was 4-9 seconds. I think we can move forward from here but the trick was the diameter for me. I will have more later but very excited abut the progress that I just made. I am not done yet and HD also agreed....progress in motion.

This is fun!!!!......lol

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

17. Member
    Mercury and BassCat need to be paying you for R&D!
    You are on a mission to wring ever mph out of your combo for sure.
    Based on my Puma/250 SHO/26 SHO prop at 77 mph, the 7 mph difference gets expensive.

18. Member
    P-Man it is the overall performance that is hard to achieve. I threw my 30 Bravo Lab finish on the other day just to play and was hitting 87 in this heat. Water temps here are around 92-94 on the surface. I just want a good overall performance and I am close. I will chase the rabbit as temps cool this fall. I will get 90.....lol

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

19. Member
    It looks like Mercury tuned these motors to get the extra rpm for top end and expected everyone to drop pitch to get the hole shot.

20. Member
    Speaking of drag, remeber, Drag increases with the square of speed. Small increases in speed generate disproportionately large increase in drag.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast