18.5ft Ragin Cajun might be coming home soon!

Hey everyone I just posted in the general forum and was told to maybe post something here. I'm looking at purchasing a 1995 XL 18.5 ft bass boat. I plan to dock my boat on my private dock for the summer and then haul it back on the trailer and store it in my garage in the winter. Although it's very common to dock big lake boats, ocean boats, and pontoon boats throughout the season in the water, I didn't know if I should have any concerns with a Cajun boat sitting in the water for 5 months. Sure it'll get murky and I'll have to pressure wash it at the end of the season, but I didn't know if it would make the hull soft. It's in good condition and there aren't any deep scratches past the gel coat. I plan on eventually buying a manual lift but not right away.

On a side note I would love to find out what issues or concerns my year have. More details and pictures at the below thread. Thanks!

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1045193

2. Member
    Welcome to the forum . I’m also in Ohio and plan on docking my 185 espirit all summer long in Senecaville Lake. Make sure that you have at least a good pump or two on battery reserve in case you do spring a leak.

3. Member
    I have the same boat same year woodbutcher. I have had mine for 15 years and they are rock solid. I have replaced the livewell pumps and the livewell values, replaced the seats and the carpet. I also replaced the floor in the center, plywood was rotted by the drain hole but under the wood was a fiberglass floor, like 2 floors in the boat.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031