Go with 3 n 1 in case main ducer fails?

Soooo the airmar failure thread has me a lil spooked.... Ill be setting up a boat soon with a B75H installed and planned to go with the 2 n 1 for side and down scan. Now Im thinking maybe I should go with the 3 n 1 so if the airmar craps the bed I still have 2d sonar. So now I just wonder is there any disadvantage to doing so (ie will having the extra element result in any difference in down and side scan)?

Also is switching between the 2 as simple as going into the source menu and selecting the ducer I want to get input from?

Thanks guys

2. Member
    What airmar-failing thread?
    Yes to everything else. :)

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    What airmar-failing thread?
    Yes to everything else. :)
    that's a new one on me to, have five transduces (two airmar) on my current boat and in lots of years of boating have had only one transducer failure.
    But agree the 3 in 1 transducer is a good choice.

4. Member
    Sorry.. forgot to link it
    https://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-...r-failure.html

When I first saw it there was little response but more and more are saying the same thing... hoping this is not widespread as some are making it seem. Had a B150M on the last boat with no issues for 6years. Thanks Ill definitely go with the the 3 n 1 now for backup

5. Member
    Just thought of another question... would I be able to split screen the airmar sonar and the 2d from the 3 n 1 viewing both at the same time?

6. Member
    Yes.

7. Member
    Thank you Sir