Thread: Give opinion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i'll be first to confess on the tournament fishing addiction...been wrecking my brain for 2 weeks on how to make a safer way to run one...lol
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    i'll be first to confess on the tournament fishing addiction...been wrecking my brain for 2 weeks on how to make a safer way to run one...lol
    Just wait till it’s over. Think about other people’s saftey and not about your wants.

3. Member
    Most of them are your friends. Wouldn't you trust them to text you a picture of their five biggest?
    Last edited by jerkone; 04-01-2020 at 02:12 PM.

lol...dont worry...we cancelled our GASTON CATT just for precautions and i've been asked to run some side jackpot tourneys, just dont feel good about it...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

5. Banned
    Just set it up so if it was to go bad the entries would cover the fine.

6. Member
    Do it quick my buddy Flash might need some gas money.

7. Member
    Won't make one bit of difference..

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerkone View Post
    Do it quick my buddy Flash might need some gas money.
    you throw one together and I will not fish.. as much as I love this time of year, I will not break any laws or orders concerning public health.

9. Member
    There are ways to run a tournament and make it as safe as two people going out for a regular day of fishing. But it’s a moot point with all of the tournament permits having been rescinded for the month of April.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    you throw one together and I will not fish.. as much as I love this time of year, I will not break any laws or orders concerning public health.
    I agree buddy. It will just cause more problems than it is worth. If we don't watch they will have every lake closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by jerkone View Post
    I know as tournament fishermen we hate not being able to fish right now. Do you think it will help our fisheries like most states that don't allow fishing during the spawn?
    Nope
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

not the kept part, but the stress of riding around a Row all day and the loss of fry...
    when folks catch a bass off the bed and release it, it goes right back and does it’s job... when u drive it around all day , under its already weekend state, then assuming it survives the release after weigh in, the likelihood of that bass reproducing is almost zero...
    I think your last statement is just conjecture. Have you seen any reliable research that this is the case?
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

13. Member
    Gotta help...
    the bass won’t be removed from beds and relocated as often...
    You are forgetting about the Facebook pros, that catch them off the bed and haul them around in the livewell all day so they can take a hero shot with their biggest five at the ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    On another note why the heck can’t people just go fishing and enjoy it. I think some people are addicted to tournament fishing. With all the things going on and it is getting worse people are still try to have tournaments. Some People are idiots.
    Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it! I've even heard talk of guys down here trying to rent someone's private ramp so they can still have their tournament. Honestly with everything that's going on right now is your $25, 15 boat tournament worth it?
    USMC Vet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12