Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I say give citations to all who are exhibiting the infractions instead of punishing the guy in the bass boat or the kayak. This is totally wrong. All residents of the lakes and rivers are still legal to use these bodies of water. It's the stupid ones that are tying up together on sandbars or wherever and partying. Reckon South Carolina is going to give my money back for my fishing license? Doubt it! Total discrimination in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    I say give citations to all who are exhibiting the infractions instead of punishing the guy in the bass boat or the kayak. This is totally wrong. All residents of the lakes and rivers are still legal to use these bodies of water. It's the stupid ones that are tying up together on sandbars or wherever and partying. Reckon South Carolina is going to give my money back for my fishing license? Doubt it! Total discrimination in my book.
    I agree with just punishing the violators. The problem is that I doubt that the state has enough enforcement personnel to hand put enough tickets to have a deterrent affect. So, they’ll just shut down the public ramps and parks and punish everyone.

I also suspect that an unintended consequence will be that instead of using the closed public boat ramps, more and more people will crowd into the private boat ramps, resulting in less social distancing than if the public ramps had been kept open.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

We've got plenty of on the water fire fighting boats. They ought to take these to the problem spots and hose the hell out of the violaters until they disassemble. Unlimited supply of water!

4. Member
    I have 3 locations of friends that are private so I’ll launch there. Sucks for everyone else

21 XD 225 Merc

What South Carolina has done probably won't cure the problem anyway. I'd say the majority of the problem makers live on the lake anyway. Just drive past all the docks and see for yourself. Oh yes, and the marinas also. I don't think this applies to commercial ventures, so what about all of the pontoon rentals? This mandate is not straight across the board for all of the public.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Only a matter of time before nc does it.
    I agree only a matter of time here.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Bullet View Post
    I have 3 locations of friends that are private so I’ll launch there. Sucks for everyone else
    Do your friends want some extra cash? I'm willing to pay for access. Message me if so.
    2020 Skeeter ZX200 / 200 SHO

9. Member
    Ya so I went to Murray Saturday afternoon to try to run a new prop and big mistake. Everyone who owns a boat or ever though about buying one was out there. The lake wash a wash tub. So I peel off into a protected cove and what do I see/hear. 2 house parties with 75 plus ppl at each one loud proud and drunk ass hell.
    People just have no morals any more.

10. Member
    When do we get the announcement regarding boat payments being waived during this. Will I get a prorated discount on my yearly boat taxes?
    2020 Skeeter ZX200 / 200 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Kind of what I was thinking. Just seemed like everyone had the same idea to go fishing.
    It wasn't the fisherman it was the thousands of pleasure boaters on the water this weekend. Lake Hartwell was packed to the gills they were 70 boats on party island people out there getting drunk drinking that's what ruined it

12. Member
    The governor doesn't seem to have all his puppies barking.
    The boy ain't right
    When this happens the local municipalities/health dept can, and should, make their own rule.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    People packing on pontoons and cruisers. Tying up together like normal summer weekends on the lake. People were told to avoid these type of occurrences and they don’t listen so the state shut them down.
    So, instead of slappin’ cuffs on the lawbreakers, they shut down the whole thing for everybody else. Sounds ‘bout right.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dweber View Post
    When do we get the announcement regarding boat payments being waived during this. Will I get a prorated discount on my yearly boat taxes?
    Don’t worry. Reaching boiling point soon.

15. Member
    Does this mean Corps of Engineer ramps or just State ramps?

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by izzylipz View Post
    So, instead of slappin’ cuffs on the lawbreakers, they shut down the whole thing for everybody else. Sounds ‘bout right.
    So you want the local LEO to risk their health???... I knew it would happen sooner rather than later... Dan

Nothing is stopping anyone from taking a short video of the overloaded boats along with their registration numbers and forwarding to the right folks at the applicable law enforcement agency to see if they want to contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Nothing is stopping anyone from taking a short video of the overloaded boats along with their registration numbers and forwarding to the right folks at the applicable law enforcement agency to see if they want to contact them.
    I doubt they could do anything anyway.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    It wasn't the fisherman it was the thousands of pleasure boaters on the water this weekend. Lake Hartwell was packed to the gills they were 70 boats on party island people out there getting drunk drinking that's what ruined it
    That along with state park ramps being closed. Really crowded up all the other ones. We left it with the pleasure boaters around 11 Saturday.

20. Member
    Herring bite getting hot too

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast