Older Minn Kota Trolling Motor Head Housing

I have either a 06 or 07 Minn Kota Maxxum 80 Pro (came on my 07 Skeeter) and need a new head housing. It already had a few cracks in it and yesterday took some big waves and it pretty much destroyed it. I had to put top gear back on while on the water. Used electrical tape to keep it together and on the shaft because the screws are not holding anymore. Tape held up great the rest of the day lol for the small tourney we were fishing.

I'm just wondering if I can just get the housing somewhere. Trolling motor still runs great and feel I can change the housing out and would rather spend alittle $ for the housing than alot of $$$ for a new motor.

Thanks,
    Cody

2. Member
    The link is attached. Minn Kota shipping is shut down thru 4/10. You might try John Jones for parts.

https://motors.johnsonoutdoors.com/P...PS_42%22_Shaft

3. Member
    I just ordered and installed a lower unit repair kit for a 2006 Riptide from https://northlandmarine.com/
    I ordered on Monday night and received it Friday with the two day shipping. The parts were the brushes, the holder (which had cracked in my unit, necessitating the repair), bearings, and all the seals needed for $28 bucks plus shipping... i got it installed that Friday night and was on the water with all the crazies on Saturday. I'm sure they would have what you need for your repair.

4. Member
    Thank you both for the info, will be making calls tomorrow.

5. Member
    Guys, we still have some parts in inventory. If you need something, give us a call.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    Thanks Mr. Jones,
    If I couldn't find what I needed you were going to be my next call. I ended up talking to a fishing buddy of mine that told me about a local trolling motor shop about 45 mins away. I called them and they had what I needed. Top and bottom cover, arrow and the screws for $46. It's the new version too with the yellow arrow and seems to be a way better plastic. With everything going on, thought it would be easier to go pick it up than trying to get it shipped.

Thanks everyone for the info. This site has help me a ton over the years.