Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gov Executive Order

I guess it killed recreational fishing in MD for the time being....

2. Member
    I wonder what will happen if we Virginia anglers find ourselves on the MD side of the river, will MD authorities confront us?

3. Member
    Is fishing exercise? The EO allows for "exercising" outdoors in less than a group of 10.

4. Member
    Dang. I think u just gave me an excuse to go, I am 58, that is my exercise!!@@@

5. Member

Mattowoman was open Sunday.
    Not sure if the order changes parks...see attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by obsession18 View Post
    I wonder what will happen if we Virginia anglers find ourselves on the MD side of the river, will MD authorities confront us?
    I heard they will light you up with a few rounds from the deck mounted 50 Cal
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

7. Member
    You can go fishing for dinner. Just no recreational boating.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

8. Banned
    Now Virginia has also instituted a stay at home order. I guess no one will be on the river now. :(

9. Member
    You might miss the deck mounted 50 cal if your on the Va side as they we have been told guns are bad from our great leader..

10. Member
    Wait so can we boat in MD? Or drive to VA to boat? No sure how 1 guy on a boat fits in the EO. It is (IMO) exercise.

11. Member
    MD DNR tried to clarify the situation on FB. 260 or so comments later and they really haven't clarified anything. I think as long as you say you are out fishing for things to eat you are ok.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smithic2034 View Post
    MD DNR tried to clarify the situation on FB. 260 or so comments later and they really haven't clarified anything. I think as long as you say you are out fishing for things to eat you are ok.
    I could use a few blue cats in the freezer. Thanks

13. Member
    Fella posted this on the Upper Bay Forum, fish for food is ok....just say, as usual, DIN'T GET ANY TODAY!

Department of Natural Resources Issues Guidance on Governor Hogan’s Stay at Home Order
    March 30, 2020
    Governor Larry Hogan has issued an executive order on March 30, 2020, which institutes a Stay at Home directive and says that no Maryland resident should be leaving their home unless it is for an essential job or reason, such as obtaining food or medicine, seeking urgent medical attention, or for other necessary purposes.

While the order does allow for outdoor exercise recreation, the Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is reaffirming the need for members of the public who engage in outdoor recreation to follow all rules and guidelines in place to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Governor Hogan has stressed that safely practiced outdoor recreation time is essential to health and well-being. Most Maryland state parks and other public lands remain open, and residents may engage in safe, isolated activities.

Under the executive order, no Marylander should leave their home except for an essential reason. Therefore, recreational boating is not allowed. Limited hunting and limited recreational fishing and crabbing can continue to provide sustenance, however social distancing must be adhered to strictly. No permits for fishing tournaments, including virtual tournaments, will be issued by the department until further notice. Commercial fishing is deemed essential and may continue since it is part of the food supply chain.

Anyone engaging in outdoor activity needs to follow social distancing and other CDC guidelines and state regulations. The department website includes a guide to social distancing and safe outdoor activity.

Message from Maryland DNR, Noon 3/31/20 :

Dear Tournament Director,
    Per the stay-at-home order issued by our Governor and guidance from the Department of Natural Resources, Fishing and Boating Services must revoke all permits issued through April 30th, 2020. Directors should not host any type of black bass tournament through April 30th. The department will not issue any additional permits for directors until we are authorized to do so. As soon as the order is lifted, I will contact you again and work quickly to reissue permits.
    If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly by email.
    Take care and stay healthy, Joe.
    ��
    Joseph Love, Ph.D.
    Program Manager
    Freshwater Fisheries Program
    Department of Natural Resources
    580 Taylor Ave., D-4
    Annapolis, Maryland 21401
    joseph.love@maryland.gov
    (410) 260-8257 (O)

15. Member
    It would appear we're only allowed to fish for food and must maintain 6 foot separation which rules out bringing anyone except a member of your own household, so your usual fishing buddies can't food fish with you.

16. Member
    Saw this today
    Attached Files Attached Files

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

I guess fishing or boating to your fishing hole is different then recreational boating. It is in my mind and it's not hard to tell the difference.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

18. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    I stopped a DNR officer at the ramp yesterday (4-1-20) and asked him if I could take me boat out to catch Snakehead because I eat em. He said "sure, as long as you are fishing for food and only with immediate family". So, if you are smart about it and keep your distance from folks, you can launch right beside them and go!
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

19. Member
    Thanks sir....

20. Member
    Ramps open in MD?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast