Falcon Rod Users

Which falcon rod do you use for flukes and senkos? I use a cara AOY and I'm just curious to see if I'm missing out on one I need to be using or trying. Sometimes I feel i could use a longer rod especially with long cast and flukes but it seems all the longer rods are too stiff to me when pitching senkos or short cast with flukes. Any suggestions?

2. Member
    Wait so which is it you're looking for - long casts or close range? And Senkos are much heavier than flukes.
    For long casting Senkos on the Great Lakes I use the Cara swim jig rod. For flukes I use a 7'4" ML spinning rod.
    And for pitching Senkos at close range I'll use either the 6'10"MH (finesse jig) or H (head turner). For flukes the weightless worm rod (6'7"MH) is the ticket.

3. Member
    Weightless worm rod.

Finesse Jig Rod or the Swim Jig Rod for me Chad. The majority of the time, it’s the Finesse Jig!
    Last edited by Spinnerb8; 03-30-2020 at 05:17 PM.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    I've liked the swim jig rod for weightless. Seems have good backbone but alot of tip. I throw fluke with a leader off mainline of braid mostly with a swivel. Works good since I throw swim jig on braid most of the time. The 72 length helps with cast too. If I'm flipping senko weighted around cover I'll use the amistad or Carolina dragger but that finesse jig rod like Sbait said functions well to.
    Last edited by skeeter21ohio; 03-30-2020 at 05:06 PM.

6. Ryan Morott
    Finesse jig is hard to beat for fluke or Senko

7. Banned
    The best I ever used was the 7’2” cara Mike McClelland swim jig model.

Thanks for the replies and ideas. I have used the weightless worm for senkos on 1 trip and it cost me a lot of fish. I guess it was to soft for me to bury hook in them. I might try the finesse jig rod or get me a swim jig rod. I have a head turner and thought about trying that but didn't know if it would be to stiff.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrew73 View Post
    The best I ever used was the 7’2” cara Mike McClelland swim jig model.
    Agree.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrochad View Post
    Thanks for the replies and ideas. I have used the weightless worm for senkos on 1 trip and it cost me a lot of fish. I guess it was to soft for me to bury hook in them. I might try the finesse jig rod or get me a swim jig rod. I have a head turner and thought about trying that but didn't know if it would be to stiff.
    Depends on the cover and size of bass you're pulling out. Falcon's H fish more like a MH. And yes the WW rod is a bit soft for Trig but for wacky it's great.

11. Member
    I have both the Swim jig rod and the head turner....Love the cara headturner for worms and T-rigs. I use the swim jig rod for spinnerbaits and sometimes small swimbaits.

12. Member
    I use an old Fenwick TechnaAV 7' MH that I've had for years and years for Senkos. Have no problem hooking the fish or keeping them buttoned.

Edit... sorry just realized this was a Falcon Rod-specific question. Read things wrong... thought you were just looking for a senko rod. It's been a long day. Never mind! Carry on!
    Alex Darsen - 2013 Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS
    Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
    It's more serious than that!

13. Member
    until I sold it, I used the Mike McC swim jig rod for flukes. I never take a spinnerbait off my cara AOY long enough to try a fluke on it lol

14. Member
    Head turner for flukes with worm hook or ewg for me
    Mansfield special is what I throw a weightless wacky rig on. Caught close to 70 fish the past week on it and only missed 4 of them now that I use a VMC weedless neko rig hook. 10x better hook up than a circle.