Total Scan Trans on RT Ranger

Has anyone got there Total Scan Transducer to work on a RT Ranger while on plane? If so, I would really like to know all about how you have it mounted. Thanks

Have a good one and thank God for it!

2. Member
    Yes, does depend on speed and depth of water sometimes. It is very touchy.

There is a line on side of transducer that has to match water line while on plane. You want it in a area where it will get clean water. ( not behind tabs or strakes ). The angle has to be correct too. I will read bottom up til 35-40mph if it isn't too deep. Over 25-30 of water it will loose bottom.
    Semper Fi

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    Yes, does depend on speed and depth of water sometimes. It is very touchy.

There is a line on side of transducer that has to match water line while on plane. You want it in a area where it will get clean water. ( not behind tabs or strakes ). The angle has to be correct too. I will read bottom up til 35-40mph if it isn't too deep. Over 25-30 of water it will loose bottom.
    Yes! Finally a reply. Thanks for the info. At least now I know it can be done. Post a photo of yours sometime if you can.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

Put mine on transom to start with. First time on water the transducer threw a hugh water mess behind the boat.
    I moved it up a little and no help.
    Ended up putting it on jackplate above waterline.
    this is good I scan 3-4 mph anyway, I use the console sonar for running.
    RT198P