CCMS reed experiance A+++

Update to my post #28 in this thread.http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1034814

After talking with Chris (great guy to talk too).
    He sent me some new reeds and stuffers.
    I am HAPPY... ESTATIC to report that I did not loose RPM on top. Although I was not able to stretch her legs to portions of the river I run unsafe from debris from recent flooding.
    I have a short section of river I run that has markers (bridge and dock) I use for reference after any engine work. Normally at the end of the run I typically hit 58,, I now hit 60gps. That number and the in the seat feel, seem to show improved acceleration and holeshot.

The most important thing I was after.... was safety of the glass reeds and idle improvement, this is not a race motor, reeds wont get you a race motor, this is a fishing motor.
    The idle is much improved. In fact before with the OEM reeds it was hard to nail down the idle to 650rpms (to be expected with carbs).
    However, with the CCM reeds I was surprisingly able to nail down 650 idle. I no longer have to bumb the enrichment key to knock down RPMs to shift after a run. (Yes I am a bit OCD with my motor).

Very happy with CCMS reeds and Chris's customer service. I am sure many have had and will have similar experience with other reeds. But the customer service from Chris will keep me coming back!

FYI, Chris, I do NOT usually put any decals on my motor or boat, however your decal is the one exception!

I will follow up when I can stretch her legs on the river.

2000 XR6 OT149393
    Last edited by moetorola; 03-30-2020 at 02:46 PM.

2. Member
    Glad to hear good experiences! I’ve always heard Chris was a good guy to deal with.