2001 X-19 recarpet

Needing to recarpet my 2001 X-19. How much carpet do I need to order?
    Looking at the 20 oz. carpet from Bass Boat Seats. They do not recommend their glue to bond the carpet to aluminum. What glue is recommended for aluminum?

I used that same carpet and their glue on my 2006 X19 back in 2016. I've had no issues. I went with the wider roll, but I'm not 100% sure on how much. I think I originally orderd like 23' but ended up getting a little more. But I have a decent amount leftover. I think I messed up a couple cuts so I ordered the extra. Hope this helps sorry I dont remember more.

3. Banned
    For glue I used White Lightning special jobs multi purpose carpet & floor adhesive. I got it through Cabelas when I ordered the carpet. It's a trowel down adhesive and worked great. As far as carpet I went 8ft. wide and I'm not sure of the running length because I did the front deck first then the rest of the boat. I would say 24ft to be safe. If you use this adhesive make sure you allow it to flash before installing the carpet per directions on the can. Time varies depending on humidity temperature etc.

4. Member
    I recarpeted my 2001 X19 in Fall of 2017. I used 3M spray in adhesive(expensive but good, and held well) for most of the decking and compartment lids. Sorry I can not remember which one, maybe 77 or 90, remember you are adhering to aluminum so some fiberglass adhesives will not work, do your research because this is a critical step in your project. Bird Song Adhesive was used to glue down the pad I installed on the front deck(designed for closed cell foam). I did have help from a carpet installer friend to layout and glue down the front deck, rear deck, and cockpit floor... the rest I did on my own. Ordered everything, except adhesives, from BassBoatSeats.com. Sorry can not locate receipt to determine how much I ordered, but get extra and dont get too thick of carpet or it will be very difficult to form around your compartment lids, or the lids could be difficult/impossible to shut. I chose an in between carpet weight, not the heaviest but not the lightest. Extra carpet can always be used on trailer bunks, etc.

This is a big job, and while you have it apart this is a good time to install a recessed foot pedal and seal up any compartments that may be leaking at stitch welds seams. Because my old carpet glue was so old and dry I was able to remove the old adhesive easily using an orbital sander. You will need a ton of clamps to hold the carpet to the glue on your compartments lids, corners, etc. Give the glue plenty of time and warmth to setup properly. See link below for pictures on progress of this job.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmNZhVVOdWc4hJVq...ayimA?e=9WKKuY

Hope this helps, and trust me your boat will look so much better! I only kept the boat 2 years after I did this job(bought new X21), but it did help the boat to sell quickly and in that time I received a ton of compliments.
    Good Luck!