changing to saltwater need help

I think I want to change to a bay boat but don't know anything about fishing saltwater. I currently have a rt 178c Ranger which I use to fish freshwater panfish. I plan to move to Florida and fish brackish water, rivers, and bays. What is the best type of boat for me to purchase?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxo View Post
    I think I want to change to a bay boat but don't know anything about fishing saltwater. I currently have a rt 178c Ranger which I use to fish freshwater panfish. I plan to move to Florida and fish brackish water, rivers, and bays. What is the best type of boat for me to purchase?
    look up the hull truth site. you should find all your answers there.
    2021 Boston Whaler Montauk 170 2021 Merc 115 EXLPT EFI CT serial# 2B801590
    2014 Pathfinder 2200T 2014 Yamaha 250 Sho sold 2000 Allison 2003t 2005 Merc 2.5 280 SS sold

3. Member
    diffidently will do, thanks, especially for mentioning a couple boats to look at.

4. Member
    Done some research and it looks like a Xpress H18 B is what I am looking for anyone familiar with this boat? Will it work for both fresh and saltwater?

5. Member
    I don’t know if aluminum is your only preference, however, I have an awesome Blue Wave Purebay 2000 that fits my needs pretty well. I considered Xpress but I really didn’t want to go back to aluminum. I purchased my boat for family reasons, I don’t like big V bottom boats with the amount of bass fishing I do so I went with the Blue Wave. Lots of seats for kids and a nice front deck for bass fishing.

6. Member
    I went from a Skeeter FX 20 to a Pathfinder 2200 with 200 SHO. Works great for Bass, fish more in salt than fresh now. I prefer a dedicated bass boat for bass fishing but the Pathfinder is a solid 90% on bass and crushed inshore fishing.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxo View Post
    Done some research and it looks like a Xpress H18 B is what I am looking for anyone familiar with this boat? Will it work for both fresh and saltwater?
    Water is water. That boat will fish anywhere.