couple of questions about live scope

Fished Lake Texoma over the weekend, it is flooded, found water that had about 24 inch visibility, my livescope would not pick up my lures, also i could see schools of carp or gar and a lot of times it would not pick them up, is this normal on a flooded lake because of all the cloudiness in the water ? Also I noticed that my trolling motor mounted transducer is canted outward, like it is that way so the lower unit of the trolling motor will not interfere with the signal, is this the way it is supposed to be or is my transducer mount damaged ? Thanks for any input.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Can't answer the visibility question but for the mount, it is not broken, it is designed that way so if you have it on the tm shaft, the tm lower unit won't interfere with the signal.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I fished a local lake yesterday that had about 6" visibility tops. I had no problems seeing my jig and the crappie 15 feet or so out and up to 9' deep. And that is after the crap update.

4. Member
    I had an electronics guy dial in my electronics, I believe he did the updates on all of them. Is there a sensitivity setting or is that what the gain is for ? I only had it set to 40 feet. I am hoping it is because there is so many particles in the water, I could see down 18 to 24 inches but it was not crystal clear. At least my transducer is not broken, I figured it was canted for a reason, thanks.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    ... I believe he did the updates on all of them ...

This may be your issue. What software version is showing for your GLS10?
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger

6. Banned
    With the pollen and turbidity of the water here mine was useless yesterday. I finally turned it off and relied on the mega 360 (and it was not good either).

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    This may be your issue. What software version is showing for your GLS10?
    I did not notice any software version, I am new to Garmin so excuse me for not knowing much about them, actually i am not very good with any of my electronics.

8. Member
    Almost every time I go out I have to re adjust my unit.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Almost every time I go out I have to re adjust my unit.
    What would that entail ? The only thing i mess with is the gain, I bet there is good info on you tube, will check it out.

10. Member
    I adjust the noise reduction often and then the gain.