Set up help Nitro Z9

I have a 2015 Nitro Z9 twin 12 ft Tallons 10 inch manual jack plate 250 Mercury Opti Max pro xs. PTP height 3 1/2. I have tried a 24 fury best speed 65 but alot of rpm left. Tried a 25 t1 and a 26 tempest. Good hole shot. But top speed only 60 into the current out of the 26 tempest.This with full of fuel one person live well empty. This is nothing like my old Triton from what I am reading. What PTP height and prop? I know someone has been thru this. Thinking should to be able to get 70 out of it atleast.

2. Member
    I could be wrong but were you able to turn the 26 tempest to your max rpm? Also did you adjust the jp going from the fury to the tempest they like different settings. I would have thought a 24 or 25 tempest plus would be the best, from what I have experienced the Nitro boats run best with the tempest.

3. Member
    What are your rpm's at WOT throttle with the 24" fury since you say you have a lot left. If it won't turn the fury to WOT you don't have any left. Have you tried raising the jack plate 1/4" at a time until you pick up some speed and rpm's.