Thread: Trailer Dolly?

Trailer Dolly?

Anyone use one of the electric trailer dollies to put boat into garage? I am trying to avoid backing up long drive. It would be great to drive in straight and then use dolly to turn around trailer and back boat into garage. I have a wide driveway pad, but not enough to turn around with trailer.

so, need one that will easily move boat fifty feet or so. Assume need powered dolly as pushing by hand might be tough. Nineteen foot bass boat.

2. Member
    I use a Park-it 360 dolly and it works great. I have a 20'9" boat, a full size pickup truck, and a side entry garage with not much turning space. I back up the boat so that the rear tires are just inside the garage, drop the boat, and use the
    Park-it 360
    dolly.

Life before the Park-it 360 dolly was a lot of jockeying and cussing, even with Go-jack's. Now it is easy and I can put the boat where I want it. I know it is expensive but it has been well worth it to me.

One word of caution, they only work with minimal inclines in the drive way.

3. Member
    I use the Trax Trailer Dolly to move my boat and it works great. I originaly bought the Trailer Valet XL, it needed more tounge weight to work well.
    2017 Z521C with Evinrude G2 250 HO
    2020 RT198 with Merc 150 Pro XS

4. Member
    How far can you easily move boat with this? I need to pull in straight, then turn boat around and push back into garage. So, might have to push 20-30 feet. Nineteen foot bass boat.

surprisingly few responses, so I guess not many people use these.

Have you considered a front mount receiver for your tow vehicle? They are available from most of the trailer parts supply locations.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexomaDan View Post
    How far can you easily move boat with this? I need to pull in straight, then turn boat around and push back into garage. So, might have to push 20-30 feet. Nineteen foot bass boat.

surprisingly few responses, so I guess not many people use these.
    If there is minimal incline, 40 feet is not an issue with the Park-it 360. It is slow because of the gearing but it works. I went with the 10,000 lb capacity to insure no issues.

These things are expensive at around $2,000 so not everyone is going to have one. Most of them are purchased for the travel trailer industry

If you have a single axle trailer, and you aren't dealing with an incline, a hand dolly should work, and be much quicker. A parkit 360 is expensive, and just inches along. It's somewhat of a pain to hook the Parkit 360 up and lock the collar by tightening it. Then it sometimes doesn't want to unlock and release easily either.

8. Member
    I use my lawn tractor for all my trailers. Turns very sharp and it even cuts the lawn.