Garmin Force Nosecone

Ive recently purchases a Garmin Force trolling motor. I am running lowrance graph, so purchases the accessory universal nosecone, so I can strap on any transducer. Has anyone attempted to do this yet? they advertised it as easy, but its not seeming so. Wanting to run the cable back up the shaft like original. Thanks

I can't find any info anywhere, and garmin wasn't much help. I may call back and ask for a more informed person.
    2007 Champion 210
    2017 Evinrude G2 250 HO
    Lowrance Carbons, SS3D and Airmar TM150

Quote Originally Posted by swivel'n View Post
    Ive recently purchases a Garmin Force trolling motor. I am running lowrance graph, so purchases the accessory universal nosecone, so I can strap on any transducer. Has anyone attempted to do this yet? they advertised it as easy, but its not seeming so. Wanting to run the cable back up the shaft like original. Thanks

I can't find any info anywhere, and garmin wasn't much help. I may call back and ask for a more informed person.
    Have you looked at the User Maintenance Manual? Entire schematics and detailed instructions there.

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/force..._manual_en.pdf
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Hope it won’t void the warranty!

4. Member
    Not sure why it would void the warranty. They sell the optional nose cone. Finished the job this weekend. Not too difficult, but you need the transducer install kit they sell for all new seals. Garmin was helpful on sending parts.
    2007 Champion 210
    2017 Evinrude G2 250 HO

5. Member
    Copied from my email:

Hello,

Removing and changing the transducer will void the warranty. I see you have the echoMap Plus 93sv. The GT54UHD transducer installed on the Force will work with that device. You will not be able to use the 1.2 Mhz sonar frequencies, however.

Thank you for choosing Garmin,
    Jeffrey
    Product Support
    Garmin International

Not sure why it would void the warranty. They sell the optional nose cone. Finished the job this weekend. Not too difficult, but you need the transducer install kit they sell for all new seals. Garmin was helpful on sending parts.

6. Member
    Interesting. I called two times this week. They walked me through the process, never mentioned it.
    2007 Champion 210
    2017 Evinrude G2 250 HO

7. Member
    Email them so you have something ON PAPER!

we have received conflicting information, which is surprising.

Interesting. I called two times this week. They walked me through the process, never mentioned it.
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 03-13-2020 at 10:04 PM.

I realize this thread is 3 weeks old but just now noticed the discussion about the transducer warranty. Changing the transducer out on the Force motor will not void the warranty. Support was mistaken in this case.
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Thanks Todd!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    I realize this thread is 3 weeks old but just now noticed the discussion about the transducer warranty. Changing the transducer out on the Force motor will not void the warranty. Support was mistaken in this case.