2005 mercury 200xs, what do I have?

2005 mercury 200 optimax ros xs
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    2.5L DFI originally came with sportmaster gearcase
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply, I acquired this motor and boat through trade, it does need a piston replaced. Is this the motor sought after,is it worth fixing? I could not see any cylinder damage, just top of piston and head. I just got a triton tr21 x2, it needs a motor and wonder if it's worth the repair to put it on?

4. Member
    worth fixing,sure it is, would NOT put that mtr on any heavy boat period, esp TR21X2, or the CHAMPION that it looks like its on, needs to be on lighter weight hulls,
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    What is the estimated value as is and one fixed?

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That would be very hard to estimate given the lack of data.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor