#1 (IGN) Button wont stop blinking, wont reset either.

Ran through some extremely rough water yesterday. After I got to safe area, noticed my #1 (IGN side not RUN side) button was blinking. Tried to reset multiple times. Wont reset. Also, my front graph will not power up.

Boat starts fine, but will not do he 2,3,4 stop sequence either as the # button seems to not be functional.

I crawled under the console and looked at the connections. There is a small white button on the connector. What is that?

Any suggestions what to try?

Would appreciate any info.

2. Member
    Key pad might be going bad

3. Member
    First thing I would do is unhook the battery cables and wait 10 minutes. While you
    have them off check all the connections on the keypad and brain box (located up
    under the console). Hook up cables and see what happens. Good luck

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangered View Post
    First thing I would do is unhook the battery cables and wait 10 minutes. While you
    have them off check all the connections on the keypad and brain box (located up
    under the console). Hook up cables and see what happens. Good luck
    This
    2005 Z21 Comanche Yamaha VMax 250HPDI

Tried unhooking battery. Did not work. Still flashing and won't reset. Strange that the controls on front of boat work, but not the Lowrance. Pulled it and plugged in at the console. The unit is fine.

Checked fuse and connections.

Puzzled.

6. Member
    How old is your keypad they go bad there's really not to much to diag if you have a good battery and good clean tight connections you should be good to go if you have all that your good if not replace keypad had to replace mine a few years back it was around $350