2091 Skeeter Solix 12 & 10

So my Solis 12 on the console does not pick up GPS all of the time. The boat icon will run off of the screen. I noticed that the puck is mounted under the trolling motor when it is not deployed. Could this be the problem? I know that it is said not to install around metal objects.

thaks
    Last edited by scottdr1; 03-29-2020 at 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by scottdr1 View Post
    So my Solis 12 on the console does not pick up GPS all of the time. The boat icon will run off of the screen. I noticed that the puck is mounted under the trolling motor when it is not deployed. Could this be the problem? I know that it is said not to install around metal objects.

thaks
    The "metal objects" concerns the heading sensor (compass). BUT blocking the satellites from view of the GPS part of the antenna may be what is causing your issue IF you are subscribing to the bow antenna for the console unit and that makes no sense. Should be using the console unit's internal GPS antenna or preferably one at the transom.

Sounds more like you have touched the console unit's screen and paused the map scrolling to use the curser to mark a waypoint. Have to EXIT every time you touch the screen to clear the curser.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks