Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by majorbanjo View Post
    Wow.....$21,000 in options! My first new Ranger was a 390v w/200hp and it was just less than the options on your boat.....and the guy who bought it from me still fishes it today.....
    My options were about the same, but I did get just about every option available.

M

2. Banned
    The price you are paying seems waaay too much, but its what you want. Nice boat, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    The price you are paying seems waaay too much, but its what you want. Nice boat, enjoy!
    Way too much compared to what?
    I don't understand.
    Boatless

Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Yep....adds up quicker than you think, especially when you don't actually have to pay for it yet.

Here are the big ticket items.
    Touring Pack-$1000
    ProXS- $2000
    Electronics- $6400
    Ghost- $2000
    Powerpoles- $4900
    Tandem- $2100
    17" wheels- $1200
    Hydraulic w/gauge- $1100
    Bunch of other little crap- $$
    You wont be disappointed with the boats size i know im not with my Triton. With the 200 it is very quick and nimble but still lots of room. The options add up fast especially if you have them do everything but for some that is better for them. Myself i bought the boat without graphs and saved alot of money because i knew i could get them at a better price. I didnt do any anchors but did everything else on your list just helix 10s which were $4000 instead of your $6400. Mine was $51,000 out the door without graphs. I got Tandem trailer pro xs with atlas jp and ultrex. My tandem option was $1100 but no fiberglass fenders and i got the wheels i wanted myself and sold my stockers so that was only $400 out of pocket. After everything including all the small stuff i added my 18trx was about $58000 total. If you are getting the boat you want and its rigged how you want thats what matters.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    You wont be disappointed with the boats size i know im not with my Triton. With the 200 it is very quick and nimble but still lots of room. The options add up fast especially if you have them do everything but for some that is better for them. Myself i bought the boat without graphs and saved alot of money because i knew i could get them at a better price. I didnt do any anchors but did everything else on your list just helix 10s which were $4000 instead of your $6400. Mine was $51,000 out the door without graphs. I got Tandem trailer pro xs with atlas jp and ultrex. My tandem option was $1100 but no fiberglass fenders and i got the wheels i wanted myself and sold my stockers so that was only $400 out of pocket. After everything including all the small stuff i added my 18trx was about $58000 total. If you are getting the boat you want and its rigged how you want thats what matters.
    I thought about doing the graphs myself but I figure if I am going brand new....I want to bring it home and go right to the lake!
    Crazy how much these boats are....my issue was I had a Ranger and loved it, set out to buy a Basscat and went to the dealer and did not like it or the Phoenix.
    Boatless

$4900 for power poles, I bet u could save $1000 by doing it yourself. Its a 4-5 hour job max. Curious on the up charge for the ProXs, what is the standard engine? Your ghost Exchange $ is good unless it had an ultrex on it already.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    $4900 for power poles, I bet u could save $1000 by doing it yourself. Its a 4-5 hour job max. Curious on the up charge for the ProXs, what is the standard engine? Your ghost Exchange $ is good unless it had an ultrex on it already.
    I put poles on my last boat....PITA plus I don't have an engine hoist to get the brackets on.
    Standard is Mercury 200 L FourStroke, 80 Fortrex is standard.
    Boatless

8. Member
    Enjoy your new boat, but i would have kept your old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Yeah....it was a poor judgement that will cost me some $$$$$$$
    Boatless

10. Member
    6 yrs ago i was in your footstep. I was in the market replacing my boat. Only difference was i was shopping 1 to 2 yr old rigs. I am brand loyal. My issue was size of boat as well. Everyone kept saying buy a 20ft. I look at lots! Run across a good deal on a 19ft. Well i purchased it. No regrets! Plenty big plenty fast just fits my style. Everyone has there opinions. Im like some of the others. When the waiting is over ENJOY YOUR RIG!
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    ^^^Different strokes for different folks is as kindly I can comment on this persons response.

Enjoy your new rig nojretlas!! The waiting is the worst part. Hopefully it goes by quick.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

12. Banned
    I wouldn't even look around. Ballistic 223 w/250 6" manual plate, trolling motor, and batteries for 67k.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    ^^^Different strokes for different folks is as kindly I can comment on this persons response.

Enjoy your new rig nojretlas!! The waiting is the worst part. Hopefully it goes by quick.
    Thanks for being so kind, as you can read i wished him well on his new boat.

You did Wish him well up front. Only then ended with raining on the guys parade by your closing comment about keeping his old one.

15. Member
    You did Wish him well up front. Only then ended with raining on the guys parade by your closing comment about keeping his old one.
    Read his reply, he doesn't seem to be upset so why should you.

I did. He took it like a champ for sure and chose to politely ignore your last comment.
    Because I despise jealousy and can smell it a mile away. To much time on my hands today as well. Good day sir.

17. Member
    I did. He took it like a champ for sure and chose to politely ignore your last comment.
    Because I despise jealousy and can smell it a mile away. To much time on my hands today as well. Good day sir.
    You are so wrong, i agree good bye.

I put poles on my last boat....PITA plus I don't have an engine hoist to get the brackets on.
    Standard is Mercury 200 L FourStroke, 80 Fortrex is standard.
    You dont need to lift the motor to add poles with the correct brackets. With a jack plate the brackets bolt on the side.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    You dont need to lift the motor to add poles with the correct brackets. With a jack plate the brackets bolt on the side.
    Got ya....good to know.
    I think my last brackets were between the boat and the jackplate.
    Boatless

Got ya....good to know.
    I think my last brackets were between the boat and the jackplate.
    Yea the sandwhich bracket is not recommended by Mercury Marine. Its been discussed onnthe merc forums before. Most jack plates are even pre drilled for the brackets my atlas is.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast