01 mercury 250 pro xb throttle problem

I need some help. Motor has new power head and everything gone thru 2 months ago by a certified dealer. So when im running between 3000 and 6000 rpm it's like my throttle just instantly cuts out. If I leave my foot on the gas it will intermittently go right back to were it was like it never happened. It's getting worse happens sometimes about every few minutes. When it's not acting up it runs great. Any suggestions would be great.

2. Member
    Check and clean all the connections at the Cannon Plug.

In addition, have the throttle position sensor checked for proper operation.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

As suggested in your PM, I would get a fuel pressure gauge on that engine and monitor pressure when it's acting up. Sounds like it may simply be running out of fuel (supply problem).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor