Electronics upgrade questions.

Hello!! Im looking to upgrade to a pair of 9" graphs. Ive always been a Lowrance guy and going in with a open mind. Im looking to see what company has the least amount of problems. If could please post some pics of side imaging on the recomendation. Garmin seems pretty interesting but the side imaging is a little to be desired. Thanks for your help!!! Hammy

2. Member
    I am really happy with my garmins. The side imaging is Hyde as clear as the humminbird in my opinion. But also the humminbird mega are good graphs as well

3. Member
    Ive got a 9" mega SI+. More than happy with the side image.
    IMO Humminbird has it down on the Side imaging aspect, but I find their 2D to have some nuances to get it to read correctly in weeds and sometimes hard rock bottoms. But I have used humminbird enough that I know their software well and it works with my MK Troller.
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

I have the G2 Helix on the bow and console and a Lowrance on the bow and console as well. I have a buggy bow helix unit that I can't seem to get fixed but other than that they're easy to use. I know a few other guys who run different units trying to maximize their strengths. That could be an option for you as well

5. Member
    Both of my H-Birds died and had to be returned to the factory a few times. Went back to Lawrence and they have been flawless. I have not tried the others
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

6. Member
    I have HB's on my boat, and have had my past three boats. However, on my next rig I will be taking a very serious look at Garmin, matched with their trolling motor. I am very impressed with what they are doing. If you want to mate your electronics to your troller, that will have a direct impact on your decision.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

7. Member
    Have 2 live units by LoWrance. Only running 3-1 not I've transducer. Image quality is great. See RMP review of lives on YouTube. He does a good job of explaining them.
    Heard garmin has great unit for live scope imagining but I like to fish not play video games.

I was lowrance. The hbird then back to Lowrance. The lives are really nice ...

8. Member
    Thanks Everyone!!!