Hub kit question

Serial 2B733457. I changed my prop today and noticed my hub was broken. So I replaced it with a new one. I read on here in the past that sometimes the heat will allow the cushioning strips ? to come loose and that they could be glued back on. What type of glue/adhesive would a person use for this ? Also should the old adhesive be removed before reapplying ?
    GETFISHED !!!

2. Member
    I use High Temperature RTV from the auto parts store. Clean all surfaces with lacquer thinner.

^^ thats what I do^^
    Also -- I will roughen up the glue side of strips with emery cloth to help the glue get ahold.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    ^^ thats what I do^^
    Also -- I will roughen up the glue side of strips with emery cloth to help the glue get ahold.
    Good point! I also glass bead the metal surfaces to help with adhesion, but not everybody has access to a blaster.

5. Member
    Thanks guys
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

And... there's a Snubber Strip Replacement Kit (self-adhesive replacements) available.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Thank you
    GETFISHED !!!