Thread: Talquin report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Any current info on Talquin? Going to be there till Saturday. I dont need places just possibly a pattern so i dont have to bring all my stuff with me. Also how is water clarity? If yall see a little blue and white ranger out there say hi.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

2. Member
    Cwilt, stick to the ledges/points, that has been the pattern for me for the past 2 months. If there is a shallow bite in the pads and pockets, I wouldn't know about it, lol... The water clarity is the typical "Talquin brown stain" and gets clearer the closer you get to the dam (I say this assuming you've fished the lake before). Water clarity is 1.5-3ft depending where you are on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow4 View Post
    Cwilt, stick to the ledges/points, that has been the pattern for me for the past 2 months. If there is a shallow bite in the pads and pockets, I wouldn't know about it, lol... The water clarity is the typical "Talquin brown stain" and gets clearer the closer you get to the dam (I say this assuming you've fished the lake before). Water clarity is 1.5-3ft depending where you are on the lake.
    Thank you sir.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

4. Member
    Well looks like the ledge bite is on. Went out yesterday and caught about 15 fish. Caught them from 6 ft to 25ft. There definitely stacked on the ledges right now though. Pulled up on one spot and caught 6 in about 20 min. Hope this continues I have always found this lake a difficult one to fish but lately it seems to be pretty good. By the way FWC was making there rounds yesterday so Everyone make sure you legal so you don’t have a bad day.

5. Member
    Another great day on Talquin yesterday. Caught about 20 bass between me and my brother. we fished the main lake ledges from about 15 to 20 feet. Bite seems to shut off about noon so we called it and headed home to cool off. Man it’s been hot out there it takes it out of you to last the whole day.

6. Member
    You are killin me brother! Wish i could make a quick trip down there but tied up in the middle of a new home build. Glad you are smoking them! Keep the reports comin'! What about you Shadow? You are sure being tightlipped! Hahaha!

7. Member
    We had a very tough club tournament yesterday on talquin. It rained for most of the day and that seemed to scatter the fish. I did not put a fish in the boat till 12:30, when it finally stoped railing and the sun poked out. soon after the bite turned back on and I caught 12 in just about 2 hours. I ended up winning with just over 10 1/2 pounds. No big fish but I feel that I did very well just because I had no mental mistakes and boated every fish I hooked.

8. Member
    WOW!!! That's sticktoitiveness!! Way to go!

I was surprised to catch two spotted bass on Talquin Saturday. I have never seen spots on this lake before.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    I was surprised to catch two spotted bass on Talquin Saturday. I have never seen spots on this lake before.
    yup, they're there. Throw some small swimbaits or a drop-shot on the dam you'll catch some. Never any size to them. I've had guys tell me they can be caught in some of the deeper holes near the Iron Curtain too.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermylow View Post
    You are killin me brother! Wish i could make a quick trip down there but tied up in the middle of a new home build. Glad you are smoking them! Keep the reports comin'! What about you Shadow? You are sure being tightlipped! Hahaha!
    Still been out on the ledges. I've had some pretty great days out there this summer, several trips catching over 20lbs for best 5, and even a few trips boating 40-50 bass between me and the whoever is with me. Not bad for this being the first summer I've fished the lake!

12. Member
    Haven't heard from you Talquin experts lately and I suspect the fishing has been pretty good judging by the number of boat trailers at the landings.

How's the fishin'?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LDHunter View Post
    Haven't heard from you Talquin experts lately and I suspect the fishing has been pretty good judging by the number of boat trailers at the landings.

How's the fishin'?
    I'm definitely no expert on the lake, but the fishing has been consistent. Some trips better than others. The fall funk has definitely set in though (my opinion). It has been harder to find bigger fish, but I'm still catching good numbers of bass (12-20 per trip). Still catch a few good ones here and there though.

14. Member
    Thanks are they still on the ledges and what are you throwing at them?

15. Member
    Thanks are they still on the ledges and what are you throwing at them?
    Still on the ledges, throwing the same baits I threw at them this summer. Really haven't changed patterns much at all. Water temp was in the low 70s this past weekend, they are plenty active!

16. Member
    Thanks....

17. Member
    Thanks....
    Check your PMs

18. Member
    Got out to Talquin today for some much needed time on the water. I Had to fight off all the spec fisherman to just get a shot at catching some bass. It was crazy must have had a tournament going on. Every cove was full of boats. I managed to catch 4 despite all the pressure from people beating the banks. Did most of the damage on a sinko and swimbait. Still it was tough to get bit. All fish were caught in less than 5 feet. Did get a 5lbs so a pretty good day on my book.

19. Member
    I Gave Talquin another try the other day. For my efforts 1 bass, 5 catfish, and 2 crappie. Keep in mind I was targeting bass. I don’t know what is going on with these fish but they don’t seem to want to bite. The 5 catfish were caught on back to back casts fishing a shallow point which usually has bass on it. But I guess they switched places for the day. Looked for some bedding fish as well and no luck all empty beds. Guess they are starting to move back out? Don’t know why I struggle with this lake. Well guess I’ll have to try again next weekend.

20. Member
    I haven’t seen a Talquin report in a while so I figured I would post one. Water was 78f Sunday morning and warmed up to 82f by the afternoon. Caught about 10 fishing mostly main lake points and a few docks. Did all the damage on a Texas rigged mag ribbon worm. Seemed to be some size to them probably had about 15lbs with a nice 6lbser. Had quite the crowd around me after I boated the big one. Two other boats showed up and started fishing in my live well. Needless to say I left and let those to fight over the spot. Seems there on there way to the ledges won’t be to much longer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast