Thread: Talquin report

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Talquin report

Hit Talquin this morning for a few hours. Caught some nice chunks in Little River on a white frog. Shad spawn was in full effect which is crazy early. Usually happens late April early May. Didn't see any on bed but two I caught today were pre-spawn. Water was pretty and 78-80 degrees in the shallows. Going to be a hot year.
    20200328_113722.jpg

@Rangermylow - hope you've been killing them this week. Pm'd you late yesterday, hit me up if you're still staying there.

2. Member
    Hey Poppin Frog! Rangermylow is still at Talquin. Ran into him in Little River late this morning. He caught a nice one that went close to 9 earlier in the week. I don't know if he has been checking in on this site since he started his fishing trip.

3. Member
    Gotcha, thanks! Good to hear he's had a good week. Couldn't have asked for better weather.

4. Member

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Hit Talquin this morning for a few hours. Caught some nice chunks in Little River on a white frog. Shad spawn was in full effect which is crazy early. Usually happens late April early May. Didn't see any on bed but two I caught today were pre-spawn. Water was pretty and 78-80 degrees in the shallows. Going to be a hot year.
    20200328_113722.jpg

@Rangermylow - hope you've been killing them this week. Pm'd you late yesterday, hit me up if you're still staying there.
    Where did you put in? Nice feesh.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Where did you put in? Nice feesh.
    I put in at Williams. I usually put in at the Whip because I know my stuff will be safer because there's always someone there but I was only fishing the morning and from Williams it's a straight shot to little river

7. Member
    I live really close to the Williams Landing on Talquin but haven't fished for a few years. Just getting back into it. I don't really think you'll have much trouble with theft at Williams but with Covid-19 and a LOT of people out of work you never know. I can tell you that the boat ramps on the Leon side of the lake are slammed with trucks and trailers every day of the week now that a lot of people have more time to fish.

8. Member
    Anyone doing any good on Talquin lately?

My new Tracker Classic should be here next week... Probably gonna be too late to catch bass on the beds though... <sigh>

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LDHunter View Post
    Anyone doing any good on Talquin lately?

My new Tracker Classic should be here next week... Probably gonna be too late to catch bass on the beds though... <sigh>
    A buddy of mine went yesterday. I haven't talked to him yet, I'll ask how he did. He's a good stick on the lake, should have some decent info for you.

10. Member
    Anybody been to Talquin lately? Thinking about going this week would love to hear a fishing report.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRC18D View Post
    Anybody been to Talquin lately? Thinking about going this week would love to hear a fishing report.
    I went Friday, only fished around Wainwright for a couple hours with my son then headed off to catch some crappie with him. Caught a couple keepers punching mats. Water was pretty and mid seventies. Shad are still spawning just not as heavy as a couple weeks ago

Screenshot_20200511-224648_Gallery.jpg

12. Member
    You are the man "Big Al" !!!!

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Went yesterday and put in at Luther Hall, idled over to Goat island and fished the boat docks on the right side fished with old buddy Bassmeister, he picked up a keeper on a Ned rig and I caught a slightly better one on a spinner bait. Fished around Goat island with no luck did see about an 8 foot gator. Went back across the lake and fished more docks and pads with one more keeper on a Senko. Moved out to the ledges with no luck. Boat traffic was starting to pick up and so were the temps, decided to pull out and head to the house about noon. Saw two other boats on the ledges they didn't seem to be having much luck either.

14. Member
    The tournament I fished in yesterday only took 12 lbs to win. It’s been tough out there lately, the fish seem to be moving often. I fished a bank I caught some on the week before and there were none to be found. Never been any good at this lake it seem difficult at the best of times.

15. Member
    I'm no expert on this lake but lately the pattern for me has been around pads first thing in the morning until the shad spawn dies off then head towards the ledges and/or deeper points. Been averaging about 11-13 fish per trip for the past couple of trips. It seems most of the fish on the ledges are smaller ones so far. Lots of 1-2lb bass with an occasional good one. I'm usually on Seminole this time of year but wanted to try and spend some time on Talquin this spring/summer in hopes of catching a double digit.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow4 View Post
    I'm no expert on this lake but lately the pattern for me has been around pads first thing in the morning until the shad spawn dies off then head towards the ledges and/or deeper points. Been averaging about 11-13 fish per trip for the past couple of trips. It seems most of the fish on the ledges are smaller ones so far. Lots of 1-2lb bass with an occasional good one. I'm usually on Seminole this time of year but wanted to try and spend some time on Talquin this spring/summer in hopes of catching a double digit.
    You're missing out. I fished Talquin quite a bit until recently. Now that it's not flooding, Seminole is on fire

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    You're missing out. I fished Talquin quite a bit until recently. Now that it's not flooding, Seminole is on fire
    LOL, that always seems to be the case with me, I'm fishing where the bite is not...

Sent you a PM.

18. Member
    Went out to fish talquin last Sunday and did good. Caught about 20 all in 2 to 3 pound range with 2 over 5. There moving out to deeper water. Caught all in 15+ feet. There still pretty scattered did not catch a lot on one spot. As long as they continue to pull water the bite should stay on. I’m hoping to get out there again this weekend. Anyone else having similar experience?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRC18D View Post
    Went out to fish talquin last Sunday and did good. Caught about 20 all in 2 to 3 pound range with 2 over 5. There moving out to deeper water. Caught all in 15+ feet. There still pretty scattered did not catch a lot on one spot. As long as they continue to pull water the bite should stay on. I’m hoping to get out there again this weekend. Anyone else having similar experience?
    I haven't been on talquin in a few weeks but that's what I've been hearing from some of the regulars. They're starting to move out to the ledges, especially around the dam on west side of the lake

We had a club tournament yesterday. First place was 17+ pounds, all caught offshore. Second place was also 17+ pounds, all caught in or around lily pads.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast