Thread: Talquin report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRC18D View Post
    I haven’t seen a Talquin report in a while so I figured I would post one. Water was 78f Sunday morning and warmed up to 82f by the afternoon. Caught about 10 fishing mostly main lake points and a few docks. Did all the damage on a Texas rigged mag ribbon worm. Seemed to be some size to them probably had about 15lbs with a nice 6lbser. Had quite the crowd around me after I boated the big one. Two other boats showed up and started fishing in my live well. Needless to say I left and let those to fight over the spot. Seems there on there way to the ledges won’t be to much longer.
    Thanks for the report KRC18D!

2. Member
    Anybody got any updates on Talquin lately? I'm assuming it's probably as simple as "they're on the ledges" but just curious.
    I'm heading out there on Friday if I can dodge the weather.

3. Member
    Yep, your a little late to the party. Those ledges have been getting hammered for several months now. Just pick a section and fish it thoroughly. Can’t go wrong.

4. Member
    Any tips on running Talquin? Is the river channel safe?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    Any tips on running Talquin? Is the river channel safe?
    The general rule for Talquin is you can run the main lake west of the Iron Curtain (string of islands on east side) visually avoiding stumps as they stick out of the water. There are no marked boat lanes on Talquin. If you're unfamiliar with the lake I would shut down and idle once you enter a creek arm. But the main lake you should run fine just be observant as there are visible stumps.

6. Member
    Poppin Frog,

I just moved to bainbridge so maybe we can meet up sometime and you show me how to navigate around down there.

Quote Originally Posted by EufaulaHammer View Post
    Poppin Frog,

I just moved to bainbridge so maybe we can meet up sometime and you show me how to navigate around down there.
    This is a link to an aerial photo of Lake Talquin when it was drawn down years ago. It will give you a pretty good idea of how the river and creek channels run:
    https://www.tallahasseebassanglers.com/Talquin1983.pdf
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

I decided to spend the last couple of hours of our tournament yesterday on the big ledge. I got there and Bassmaster Elite Series fisherman Drew Benton was sitting right where I wanted to be. I totally sucked yesterday but KRC18D kicked our butts again.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123