Question winchester2 question

Hey Winchester2 liked your test with you posting your settings on the new update . Got one question will you do the same test using 1/8 oz. jigs under your float most people don't fish using spark plugs for baits except for the Catfisherman . I would like to see the results of a test using jigs and your setting for them.

2. Member
    Link?

3. Member
    Sure. I just redid the line with snaps at 5,15 & 25 ft so I can snap whatever on the line. What range setting do you use most? I'll make sure to check it.

Link
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....1#post10966852
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    I use mine usually at less than 30 ft forward range and no more than 20 ft. deep I run GPSMAP8610xsv .

5. Member
    Jim. Try this.
    It was another windy time so I had some jostling around. Jigs were 1/8 from Walmart. I put a 2" Bobby Garland on each. Jigs were so light there was some sway in the line from the wind pushing the jug. Also, previously the reason I used spark plugs is that with other experiments I found that a Rapala Jigging Rap W9 gave about the same size return as a 16 inch walleye. That's about an ounce lure. I've not weighed the spark plugs but they are in that neighborhood, maybe a little heavier. Jigs were 5 ft and 15 ft. At 25 ft was only the snap.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ls...6b8TZurY-Tvh4h
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    One point I would like to make that the above video was made with the Gain on 50. If it will show a 1/8 oz jig on 50, it will also show fish at that setting.

7. Member
    Thanks Winchester I'll use those setting and go from there . Your help is invaluable.