Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Swap O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1 with Bank 0 Sensor 1; clear the DTCs; rescan; and share the fresh DTCs...

It is far easier and faster to test them with a scan tool or DSO
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    The reason I tuned it up Sat, was I didn't know when the previous owner did it, and I like to do the maintenance, or have it done,
    and I start doing the regular scheduled stuff. I was hoping the tune out would fix the misfire.

I had a large evap leak fixed by a shop last month, the vent solenoid above the gas tank, truck ran good for a while,
    but obviously isn't now.
    Thx for the advice.
    Im not driving it till it's fixed.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    It is far easier and faster to test them with a scan tool or DSO
    Don’t disagree as I’d hang a Tech 2 on it but...

5. Member
    Sitting in my drive, the check engine light is now flashing
    Havent driven it.

6. Member
    flashing check engine light means bad misfires not just a random one???? really doubt a lazy or tired o2 will cause this extreme of an issue but have been out of it for a while now?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    Bad fuel possibly , look at a sample
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

8. Member
    fill up a mason jar half way with fuel and let it settle out for a hour or so and see what it looks like???
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

9. Member
    What triggers a low voltage code from the o2 sensor? Bad ground, loose connection?
    Imo, it would be had (for me) to trace it past the plug.

I don't have a vacuum pump, or a compression gauge, but I know what they do.
    Prob have to take to the shop.

What is a decent price / brand of scanner to buy?
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by rude150 View Post
    What triggers a low voltage code from the o2 sensor? Bad ground, loose connection?
    Imo, it would be had (for me) to trace it past the plug.

I don't have a vacuum pump, or a compression gauge, but I know what they do.
    Prob have to take to the shop.

What is a decent price / brand of scanner to buy?
    Thx
    Read post 20 again, Vetronics, snap on are a couple of good ones, without extensive training they will not help though, I do agree you need to find a good tech that is well trained and experienced in these systems. Call you local AAA office and ask for referrals in your area, would be good to find one ASE certified in at least A6, A8 and L1 with experience with GM or a Master Tech, a well qualified tech should be able to pin this down in a hour or two
    Again, Compression test first as well vacuum gauge testing, cant stress this enough
    Thank You Leon Pugh

11. Banned
    Agree. Having a guy trained in how to read these codes and relate to you what all can be wrong causing the codes to show up and the actual problem is a item the code is not for. Can be very overwhelming to say the least. He ain't with us anymore and i got rid of my 2005 now anyway.

12. Member
    Bank 2 catalyst is most likely plugged as previously stated. Loosen the y pipe flange, on both sides if necessary and see how it runs
    Last edited by themacman; 03-31-2020 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Agree. Having a guy trained in how to read these codes and relate to you what all can be wrong causing the codes to show up and the actual problem is a item the code is not for. Can be very overwhelming to say the least. He ain't with us anymore and i got rid of my 2005 now anyway.
    A good scanner will show current misfires by cylinder & also history misfires, a restricted flow converter will show misfires on the same bank of cylinders-even or odd, that said if you started the engine cold and the C.E.L. is flashing this is probably not case, Have the intake plenum gaskets ever been changed ?? over time the seals will shrink back and flatten losing the seal causing cold lean conditions
    Last edited by John Br.; 04-01-2020 at 09:09 AM.

14. Member
    What is actually on your plugs? What do they look like and what color was the residue? All on one side lines up with o2 codes? Was the plugs on the same side as the o2 code stated? I might can help with you giving me accurate information. Will try- I taught Automotive for 31 years. 3 of which were teaching diagnosis for GM.

15. Member
    A fuel pressure regulator that leaks down overnight could cause a cold start misfire issue as well, this will typically throw a rich exhaust code but after o2 sensors reach operating temps. fuel leaks thru the regulator directly into the intake manifold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12