Air compressor filters?

Mercury 250 proxs serial #1B446096

I read where the air compressor has 2 inline oil filters. My understanding is if you open any part of the oil system up then you need to do an oil prime sequence. But that is for the engine oil tank, does that sequence prime the whole oil system or just the tank?

Oil filters part number is 8M0042285, I think.

Yes I’m changing the air compressor and will be ordering a service manual to ensure I do it properly.
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

The whole oil system.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Thank you sir
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    And you indeed must perform an oil pump prime if you replace the compressor OR the filters.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    I can’t for the life of me find the 2nd Inline oil filter On my 2001 225 optimax. I got the one on the port side at the top right under the top cover just fine (seen in bottom right of this oddly rotated photo)
    .EEFEFB6F-858C-45DC-A57E-0E5FC36CB97B.jpeg
    Any pointers?

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21 Outrage View Post
    I can’t for the life of me find the 2nd Inline oil filter On my 2001 225 optimax. I got the one on the port side at the top right under the top cover just fine (seen in bottom right of this oddly rotated photo)
    .EEFEFB6F-858C-45DC-A57E-0E5FC36CB97B.jpeg
    Any pointers?
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, open your OWN SEPARATE thread, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor