Stimulus round 2 coming soon to a theatre near you...

Doubt it’s going to be one and done. I’m expecting several national rounds with varying emphasis: auto (transportation), mortgage (banking/finance), utilities (oil/coal), etc. Also anticipate state and local governments (elected officials) will develop their own regional and local stimulus strategies...

2. Member
    Wouldn't surprise me. I'm afraid whenever they do send the money out to citizens, as soon as the people spend it you're going to hear a lot of complaining wanting more. The debt as a result of all of this is concerning.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    The longer this goes on the more money we're going to need and then a check at the end to jumpstart spending.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    Man that's rough...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Man that's rough...
    This stimulus is not in that number yet. We are looking at possibly 6 trillion before we get past this. I’m thinking our bond ratings drop, interest rates increase and we are going to be in a world of hurt. I know this is a negative outlook, but I just can’t find the financial positivity in this. I just pray that our scientists can find a cure to stop the spread fast!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    This stimulus is not in that number yet. We are looking at possibly 6 trillion before we get past this. I’m thinking our bond ratings drop, interest rates increase and we are going to be in a world of hurt. I know this is a negative outlook, but I just can’t find the financial positivity in this. I just pray that our scientists can find a cure to stop the spread fast!
    I think a quick cure like you say is the only thing that can solve it.

Here's an article on estimates for sending out stimulus checks. It includes a calculator about mid-page. Plug in your 2019 adjusted gross income, and number of children, and it will provide the amount you can expect. As I understand it, your 2018 adjusted gross income will be used to calculate the amount if you haven't filed your 2019 return.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/polit...tor/index.html
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"