10' Power pole Blades

I have two 10' Blades on my Sterling 22 DC Original style bases on short braced mounts to Bob's plate.

It seems I have to do a complete bushing kit for each every season.

What type of time span are others getting out of bushings on your 10' Blades?

Thanks
    Joe

Im getting a year maybe a tad long before i start getting slop in the pole.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    OP do you do the regular maintenance, checking/tightening you lower pivot bolts every 100 cycles?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    OP do you do the regular maintenance, checking/tightening you lower pivot bolts every 100 cycles?
    every 100 cycles? that would almost be daily!

I do check them weekly, sometimes daily when running rough water, Great Lakes, St. Lawrence River, and tidal rivers.

1 year is about max before a complete bushing kit.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    every 100 cycles? that would almost be daily!

I do check them weekly, sometimes daily when running rough water, Great Lakes, St. Lawrence River, and tidal rivers.

1 year is about max before a complete bushing kit.
    I havent heard till now of a bushing set a year however ive never heard of 100 cycles in a day either. My personal poles are 6 years old and have never replaced the bushings. There tight as a.... well you get it however I perform reg maintenance.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    I havent heard till now of a bushing set a year however ive never heard of 100 cycles in a day either. My personal poles are 6 years old and have never replaced the bushings. There tight as a.... well you get it however I perform reg maintenance.
    You have 10s or 8s? How many days a year you fish? How many hours you put on your outboard a year?

I use a strap to secure poles anytime I'm not fishing and on long boat runs to fishing spots.

I said ALMOST daily 100 cycles , 2 days of specific spot fishing yes to exceed 100 cycles.

Also 3 sets of spikes in a 4 year span, with 3-6" of wear off the total length of spikes.

My buddies with 8s have not experienced the bushing wear as I have with the 10s.

I follow all required maintenance as per information supplied with the poles. J L Marine has never questioned me about sending bushing kits as the 10' blades are with in the 5 year structural warranty.

When I had my 10'ers the bushings lasted about a year. When I spoke w pp they they suggested the bushings being replaced every 100 cycles too. I though dang man that sucks. Not to mention they are a pain to replace. I ditched to 10's and went back w 8s. There is not alot of tolerance. Pp said to only tighten the bolt to where the bolt is flush with the nut. Well thats not tight enough after a few months. I hope the CM2.0 10'ers are better.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    When I had my 10'ers the bushings lasted about a year. When I spoke w pp they they suggested the bushings being replaced every 100 cycles too. I though dang man that sucks. Not to mention they are a pain to replace. I ditched to 10's and went back w 8s. There is not alot of tolerance. Pp said to only tighten the bolt to where the bolt is flush with the nut. Well thats not tight enough after a few months. I hope the CM2.0 10'ers are better.
    My guess also why the redesign of the lower knuckle/mounting bracket.

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Bushings dont need to be replaced every 100 cycles the lower pivot bolt needs to be checked and tightened if necessary every 100 cycles.

As the bottom two bolts are allowed to go further on the bolt. The rest only just so a thread is outside.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

My gen3 CMonster 1.0 poles are an absolute mess. I bet power pole is about to go bankrupt off me. I’ve had each pole channels replaced 2 times in the last 5 years off use. The gen4 10ft blades my buddies have are far superior. I will be selling my gen3s for dirt cheap this winter and getting new ones as I can’t stand working on them all the time. Power pole just replaced my channels for extreme wear last month so one of them is back to brand new right now but I can’t say enough about the customer service. Seems like every time they replace channels I get about 30 days on the water before they start wearing out again and loosening up. I tighten them every week and the bolts eventually start eating into the channel.
    Last edited by haus9393; 10-23-2020 at 06:49 PM.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    My gen3 CMonster 1.0 poles are an absolute mess. I bet power pole is about to go bankrupt off me. I’ve had each pole channels replaced 2 times in the last 5 years off use. The gen4 10ft blades my buddies have are far superior. I will be selling my gen3s for dirt cheap this winter and getting new ones as I can’t stand working on them all the time. Power pole just replaced my channels for extreme wear last month so one of them is back to brand new right now but I can’t say enough about the customer service. Seems like every time they replace channels I get about 30 days on the water before they start wearing out again and loosening up. I tighten them every week and the bolts eventually start eating into the channel.
    hit me up when your ready Haus!