Shimano slx xt reels

What are everyone’s thoughts on these reels? They are right in the price point that I want to stay in and seem to have good reviews. Specifically wondering how they compare to the new lews lfs speed spool and speed spool msb reels.

2. Member
    I have had a couple for about a year now. Thus far they have been great. To me they feel quite a bit more refined than equally priced Lews.

The SLX platform is legit as they say. Very solid especially the XT. Probably the best sub $150 reel Shimano has produced in a long time. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

4. Member
    I have 3 of them the remind me of the green e series Curado ! Awesome reel for the money
    Shimano and Gloomis kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc

5. Member
    AWESOME Reel! I was an exclusive Revo STX user for 12 years. I've been converting all of my reels over to them. They remind me of a Gen 2 Revo STX but more compact. Just solid and smooth. Love the feel and the distance is awesome. Perfect price point. You can find them for a little cheaper on ebay (still new.)
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

6. Member
    I have an STX HG and installed ZR SS half open spool bearings and carbon tex drags (the STX HG takes Curado 70 HG drags) and it is really a sweet little reel.

I don't think they are using long strand carbon fiber on the side plates. Other than that it's a decent reel.
    Last edited by JohnD.; 03-30-2020 at 12:43 PM.