Bow elecronics mount on L

Anyone have their electronics flush mounted?
    Are you happy with it or have you considered a plate by Precision Sonar of BBT?
    Boatless

2. Member
    I like flush. Both of my Lowrance 12's are flush and that is my preference.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I have my bow Solix 15 on a BBT mount, love it. Brings the graph even closer to me for even easier viewing. I can grab the mount and shake the whole boat, rock solid.

Good luck.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

4. Member
    I had my Solix flush mounted at the bow but just pulled it out and mounted it on a BBT dual mount and added a Garmin with it for panoptics. I love the BBT mount a lot better, also gives you the ability to remove your 2-3000K $ unit if you travel.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

Got a 12" Helix mounted over front of trolling motor pedal on Dek It mount. Don't have to bend over as far to make minor adjustments and much closer to my eyes.

6. Member
    McCormick, SC - By way of Aubrey,TX ,Buford, GA and originally Kettering, OH
    BBT all the way. Had them on my 2018 520C and my 2020 520L that is being installed as we speak. I could probably live with the bow unit being flush mounted but the big advantange of having the console on a mount is raising it above the steering wheel so you can see the full screen.
    2020 520L / 250 PRO XS 4S

7. Member
    I agree with mount (I have bbt) as you can change the angle of the screen.

It may interfere with the factory cover if you use one.

Mike Beachy 2020 TRX 21 250 Pro XS 4S

9. Member
    I just bought a new z521L and had the Precision raised mount installed before it left the dealership. Had it on my last boat also, saves your back a little from having to bend over so far. The Precision mounts are very good, never had a single problem with them.

Quote Originally Posted by towboaterpete View Post
    I just bought a new z521L and had the Precision raised mount installed before it left the dealership. Had it on my last boat also, saves your back a little from having to bend over so far. The Precision mounts are very good, never had a single problem with them.
    I agree, precision mounts are top notch.
    Boatless

I am going to flush mount them as I am trying for a cleaner look. I can obviously move to a mount if I dislike it.
    Had Precision mounts on front and back on my last boat.

Boatless

12. Banned
    I have mine flush...I flip a fair bit so I like the security but the Ultrex cable obscures it some...was gonna see if ghost fixes that issue...I would say try without then retrofit if you don’t like it

13. Member
    Flush Mounts are a pain if you have an issue with a unit and need to trouble shoot or remove to send in for repair. On the bow, they are farther away from you and more difficult to see. if you fish in rough water and take some over the bow, your units are subject to a lot of dunk testing and likely to fail if you have 2 or 3 days of frequent inundation where if they are mounted on a raised mount like BBt's or Precision sonar's, they are likely to not get submersed. You can remove the units when traveling and keep them secure if they are not flush mounted. You can change out a unit with a backup easily if they are not flush mounted. In other words, flush mounting especially on the bow is a bad idea IME.
    " If you are going to be stupid, you have got to be tough!"

14. Member
    I did have my Helix 10 flush mounted up front for a few months. Just didn't like the angle and adjusting screens was a pain being further away.

Switched to the BBT wedge mount and love it. Construction is very nice and mount installed in minutes. Coupled it with his heavy duty gimball mount and it makes for a nice package. BBT all the way.

As for the console unit, I love my Helix 12 that is flush mounted. Nice clean look and its tucked in out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Anyone have their electronics flush mounted?
    Are you happy with it or have you considered a plate by Precision Sonar of BBT?
    My Z520c had already had a Precision SONAR bow mount replacement plate on it when I bought it. The console unit was flush mounted and I couldn't see the bottom of the screen. I went with the Precision SONAR console mount because I wouldn't need to buy a gimbal to mount my HDS10.

The craftsmanship is amazing and the fit is perfect. The really cool thing about Precision SONAR is that when you call to order the person you talk to is very likely a Ranger owner also.

Precision SONAR1.jpg Precision SONAR2.jpg

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

This is same setup as mine, really like it, If you sit and fish at all the ability to adjustment is nice.

QUOTE=18RangerZ520L;10972337]I have my bow Solix 15 on a BBT mount, love it. Brings the graph even closer to me for even easier viewing. I can grab the mount and shake the whole boat, rock solid.

Good luck.

[/QUOTE]
    2019 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2

How about his one? Closer to you but you loos the cup and tool holder.

Boatless

18. Member
    Wow great post and pictures. This has been brought up before and it looks like its almost a 50/50 split. Enjoy this, in these rough times. Thank you Ranger folk.

19. Member
    Like my BBT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2023 Ranger 521R DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S