4 blade prop options

Ok, since the Fury 4 props have turned into 3 bladed props the choice is a Merc Rev4 or a Croxton Razor 4 or XL. Anybody have experience or comments? I like how the Fury 4 worked on my boat, Z520C-Pro XS 250 and would like to have something comparable.
    Thanks

The Rev4 only has 1 set of PVS holes... The 25P bogged on my hot 250... It has so much bite. Once I had Mark add another set it launches great. But it dont have enough pitch even after Mark bent it to a 26P... I sure wish they offered them in 27, 28, 29P... I hit the limiter at 77-78mph and 6150 rpms

Marks Razor4 XL is slower than a Fury4 but is really strong in all other areas.

I cant tell how fast the Rev4 would be compared to the other props mentioned. It sure handles good on my boat with lots of bow and stern lift.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Thanks for the update on the Rev4 21XDC. It is a prop I am wanting to try on my Falcon 215/Merc 250Proxs 4 stroke combo. It sounds like it might be a good fit for a slower boat than your bullet. I want a little more bow lift than I get with a Bravo and I like a 4 blade better than my Tempest. I am assuming the OP did not like a Bravo on his rig as many people run one on the 520C/ProXS combo.

I was running a Fury 4 24p, what Bravo prop should I use?

5. Member
    A 25 bravo xs is what I have on my 2008 z520 with a 250 Pro xs four stroke all eight holes plugged solid when I had my two stroke I was running a 26 fury four all eight holes open but I did throw one of the ears on one of my 26 fury fours to many fury fours throwing ears that's why I changed over to a Bravo not saying all props can throw an ear but just to many bad reports on the fury fours the bravo is a little heavier but it's built a little tougher was built for big horse power offshore boats so l figure if you can run them on a 1000 horsepower engine should be good on my little 250 horsepower so far I'm impressed with the bravo I'm actually selling both my 26 fury fours and going to buy another bravo to keep for a spare

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger z520 View Post
    A 25 bravo xs is what I have on my 2008 z520 with a 250 Pro xs four stroke all eight holes plugged solid when I had my two stroke I was running a 26 fury four all eight holes open but I did throw one of the ears on one of my 26 fury fours to many fury fours throwing ears that's why I changed over to a Bravo not saying all props can throw an ear but just to many bad reports on the fury fours the bravo is a little heavier but it's built a little tougher was built for big horse power offshore boats so l figure if you can run them on a 1000 horsepower engine should be good on my little 250 horsepower so far I'm impressed with the bravo I'm actually selling both my 26 fury fours and going to buy another bravo to keep for a spare

i just ordered a 25 Bravo 1 FS for my 250. May I ask what rpms are you seeing at WOT?

7. Member
    Only got 2 hours on it and it was a little rough out opened it up a couple of times for the 1minute intervals I hit 67.5 to 68 at 5850 with jackplate all the way down at 5" to pad I know that sounds deep so next time out I'm going to bring it up an 1 1/2" to 3 1 /2" to pad and see what happens I think I should hit 70 at 6000 or just slightly over just not sure when I'll get out again with everything that is going on

8. Member
    I hear you. Hopefully we get past this soon. Thanks for the info.

9. Member
    You are welcome once I get out again I can post results of my second run for you

I was running a Fury 4 24 pitch and loved it, what pitch Bravo XS should I use?

11. Member
    When switching from fury to bravo add 1 size in pitch. So you would want a 25 or 25.5 bravo

Thank you
    Last edited by Javman389; 04-19-2020 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Spelling

I'm running a 25 xl, was running a Fury 4 25 that Ronnie Gilbert had worked for me, the Fury threw a blade a couple months ago, so I put the Razor on. I had been running the Fury with all 8 vents open, holeshot was great on my Puma FTD with my Honda 250, so I figured I would try the Razor with all 8 open. It would not get on plane with me and my partner in the boat. Put 4 back in and all is well. I actually need to send it back to Mark to get him to tweak it for my set up. My top in is not as good as the Fury 4 25.

2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com