Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    some independent company has a software that makes them run good and is totally epa compliant I read somewhere? evergreen or something green was in the name of the company??
    Oftentimes these things have more to do with fleet mileage than anything else. It is what happens when the government mandates stupid specs.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    some independent company has a software that makes them run good and is totally epa compliant I read somewhere? evergreen or something green was in the name of the company??
    Green Diesel is the one, Not compliant in the US, voids warranty and they are no longer shipping anywhere, They are attempting to get their product EPA certified at this time but it may be months or never
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    Rams are built in Michigan.....where did you say the Chevy's are built?
    Yep. First letter in the VIN on my RAM is 1

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Fill my Ram up normally 2-3 times a week.... Never had an issue getting gas into it.
    What model year do you have? Reports of problems are on the 2019 and 2020 models.

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    What model year do you have? Reports of problems are on the 2019 and 2020 models.
    I have heard of a few problems with guys having issues filling their trucks but I have a 2020 ram 1500 and never experienced this myself
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

6. Member
    I have a 19, no issues at all, with any part of the truck. Came out of 2 Chevys. RAM interior, ride and engine made the decision to switch very easy for me.
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    I have heard of a few problems with guys having issues filling their trucks but I have a 2020 ram 1500 and never experienced this myself
    The only problem I have is after driving the CR-V which has the capless fill, I then try to jam the nozzle right through the cap of the Ram. Haven't had a lot of success with that yet.

About a month ago I did see a guy at the gas station who couldn't get the nozzle in his car. I pointed out that he might want to try the gas nozzle instead of the diesel.

8. Member
    Interesting. My 2019 Ram has capless fill.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

9. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    19, it has the cap less fill

10. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    Interesting. My 2019 Ram has capless fill.
    as does my 2020 ram
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

11. Member
    Never had any issue with putting gas in the RAM but FYI lots of new RAMS are having the rear window leak too.
    https://5thgenrams.com/community/for...discussion.13/

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Not a comparison but I’ve had my F150 for a long time, haven’t found another 1/2 ton I thought was worth spending the money on. Then Hez got his new Ram and WOW! From the interior, engine, brakes and ride it shines in every dept! The first time I drive it I said to myself that this was a truck worth getting rid of my F150 for!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

13. Member
    2019 GMC Sierra X31 with all options. Had a problem with the interior of the windows forming condensation. Took to dealer and they were aware of the rear window leak. Water intrusion and dripping down the inside of glass through screw holes on the inside plastic lip and making its way toward front of truck under kickplate. Fixed x 3 months no further issues.

They performed recalls on the brake sensors and seatbelt tensioner. The sensor required a recalibration of camera system that controls lane assist, auto high beams etc... after that the lane assist was intermittent ie.... not haptics in seats when crossing lanes, the auto high would sometimes work. Took back for another recal and it's better than it was but not as accurate as it was new.

Cant for the life of me figure out why when I place my Iphone in the charger area on lower console it shuts volume all the way down. Miss calls after I get out of truck unless I volume up when getting out.

Do not drop the tailgate step all the way down if you've got a hitch on.........learned the hard way.

Other than that I've liked it better than my last two F150 FX, F150 Lariat with ecoboost.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ajwasco View Post
    2019 GMC Sierra X31 with all options. Had a problem with the interior of the windows forming condensation. Took to dealer and they were aware of the rear window leak. Water intrusion and dripping down the inside of glass through screw holes on the inside plastic lip and making its way toward front of truck under kickplate. Fixed x 3 months no further issues.

They performed recalls on the brake sensors and seatbelt tensioner. The sensor required a recalibration of camera system that controls lane assist, auto high beams etc... after that the lane assist was intermittent ie.... not haptics in seats when crossing lanes, the auto high would sometimes work. Took back for another recal and it's better than it was but not as accurate as it was new.

Cant for the life of me figure out why when I place my Iphone in the charger area on lower console it shuts volume all the way down. Miss calls after I get out of truck unless I volume up when getting out.

Do not drop the tailgate step all the way down if you've got a hitch on.........learned the hard way.

Other than that I've liked it better than my last two F150 FX, F150 Lariat with ecoboost.
    Did you link your phone to the truck?

15. Member
    The haptics in the seat got old quick when I had the Silverado. Back in 2014 you couldn't turn the lane assist off. The truck either beeped, or sent haptics to the drivers seat.

16. Member
    For those that have the GMC with the trailering app do you find it useful or is it just a gimmick that you forget about when the novelty wears off?

17. Member
    I won't even play Dodge ball anymore after my experience
    A goal without a plan is just a dream.

18. Member
    How many fill the 6.2 with the premium fuel? Also how does it run on mid grade or 87 octane?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    How many fill the 6.2 with the premium fuel? Also how does it run on mid grade or 87 octane?
    Anyone that doesn't want it to run like crap because their to cheap. High compression engines like cooler burning fuel. That's why they call for it.

20. Member
    Also how does it run on mid grade or 87 octane?
    87==about 2 truck lengths ahead of Hemi

89==about 3 truck lengths ahead of Hemi

93==about 5 truck lengths ahead of Hemi

Just kidding

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast